Author Topic: Freedom and Government  (Read 2147 times)

Offline rmactsc

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Author
Freedom and Government
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
There are many important things to know about freedom and government.  Below are some of what I consider to be the most important ones.

Your elected representatives could care less about your opinions and interests unless of course you are a major financial donor.
Governments will use fear as a weapon and by doing so, create real or imagined threats that they will claim only the government can solve.
Never waive or give up your rights under any circumstances.
Strangers are just that, strangers, so do not engage in talking to them about anything private or sensative.
Never make an assumption that an expert is really an expert.
If you have fundamental differences with certain people it is a waste of time to argue issues, politics or philosophies with them.
Avoid the victim mentality.  Take responsibility for your decisions.
Consider nothing as true until you verify it.
Freedom means never having to beg the government for your fundamental rights.
It is okay not to respect a political office if you donít respect the person in that office.
Draw your line in the sand so that you know what you will and what you wonít tolerate.

Check out the following fiction books Iíve written which are all available at Amazon.com.  You can also get a free preview by clicking on the book cover images to the left of my blog posts on my blog page.  I write in a variety of different fiction generes including post apocalyptic, zombie and horror.  If you like what you see consider ordering one of my books.

Post Apocalyptic Fiction Book Iíve Written

American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution
American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution
American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution
American Rebellion Book 4 of the Revolution
American Rebellion Book 5 of the Revolution

Zombie Fiction Books Iíve Written

Biohazard Redacted Book 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Biohazard Redacted Book 2 of the Zombie Apocalypse

Horror Fiction Books Iíve Written which will be published in the near future

Anthology of Horror

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Re: Freedom and Government
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »
I like your list of important things to know about freedom and government. The only one I might like to reword is the last one. It is very important to know your own limits as to what you will tolerate but I donít like ďdrawing lines in the sandĒ. That particular statement has got more than one person in trouble. ;)
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline rmactsc

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Author
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »
Thanks ICRCC.  I see what you mean about drawing the line in the sand.  However; it only causes trouble for people who draw that line and then pretend they never drew it to begin with :)

Offline M590a1

• VIP
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Statements like these are not going to wake anyone up, but for the rest of us it's good to know that we are not alone.
If you have no sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

The world is not dangerous because of those who do harm, but because of those who look on without doing anything.

Offline above all, adapt

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
  • AAA
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
Thanks ICRCC.  I see what you mean about drawing the line in the sand.  However; it only causes trouble for people who draw that line and then pretend they never drew it to begin with :)

Very true rmactsc
Give respect, get respect.

Above all, adapt

Gravlore

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:57 AM »
Freedom has many meanings to many people. Truly the only freedom is an Anarchist society. The problem is that chaos quickly ensues. Is a house cat free? It is fed, housed and in most cases has health care. I say that it is not free but rather a product of domestic animal welfare (yeah my own new term). A homeless man is not even free since the state can put him/her in a home or institution etc. I am told I am free but if I miss paying my taxes, my house miraculously disappears even though I did not vote on such a method of existence. Personal freedoms are non existent for the sake of someone elses ideas on how things should be done. So no, as long as their is a government you are not truly free, but rather put under a form of dictatorship (since one cant really opt out) with the mask of choice veiled over the heads of state. I understand the need of some limited governance to avoid mass murders, land title and finance but that's about it. The problem is corruption and human error that make governance fail as well. Humans are a funny bunch and it just depends where you are in the cycle of it all as to what your view really is. Usually capitalism fails and then goes into communism. Then that fails and goes back to capitalism. In the mix of back and forth communism/capitalism you get dictators/democracies/monarchies along with civil wars and genocide. We just regurgitate the same shat over and over. Nothing changes for the better and never really will. There will be periods of perceived freedom but it really does not last for more than a few generations until SHTF again. Continue cycle...

Being scared to talk to your neighbors is a symptom of a broken society and massive nanny state.
Having to ask your government to do anything is also BS. EVERYTHING of social and societal importance should be voted on by the people and not some dipShat judge or politician. A democracy is 51% of the vote. Yes I know the social injustice would be horrid for 5% of a population that wants some special thing, but the fact remains that you must keep the masses happy in order to keep order. Sorry for the minority feelings, but either a small group fails or all fail. Sorry for the governance rant as it was not intended to high jack the thread.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:18:36 AM by Gravlore »

Gravlore

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
Very well written post.

redpillplanet.com/why-do-people-believe-in-government/

Excerpts:

"Anarchist believe that people are innately good while statists believe that humans are innately bad."

"Sadly, what you are really saying when you say people are bad is that you believe that you are bad. When you say we need a government you are saying you believe you need a parent to control you. It is as Orwellian nightmare of complete internalization of false moral beliefs. You were told you were bad as a justification to ease the conscious of those who met their needs at your expense. And it is to these false beliefs that you have relinquished your freedom. You are beyond the age of being controlled physically by your parents; however you are controlled from within, thus allowing the government to control you by threat. So even with no one watching, you will sing the praises of control in the form of government. Tragically, you love big brother."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:56:06 AM by Gravlore »