Author Topic: What Do New Shale Gas & Shale Oil Deposits In North America Mean??  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Evening,

In the June 10, 2013 edition of Maclean's Magazine, Business Section, Pages 55 - 56. The golden age of gas, the article claims there may be at least 250 years worth of fuels still in North America. The short term effect is that natural gas prices are noticably lower than the rest of the world. The article speaks about fear for the Canadian export market in natural gas and see the shale oil and shale gas discoveries in the USA as a threat to the Canadian economy.

I hate economics and the false economy even more. IMO, when these fast talking economist and the minon reporters, who spew the message, start yapping they and they alone effect the economy by inducing fear. Natural gas that is still in the ground, is like money that is in a savings account in the bank. If you do not bring it up, it is still there to be sold on another day. Why is this so hard to see.

Maybe we have hit peak oil and maybe we are just told we have reached peak oil, to justify highway robbery prices at the pumps.

So, what will this mean for expansionist wars for resources??

Mountainman.

Offline WildernessReturn

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
    • My Wilderness Return Blog
Re: What Do New Shale Gas & Shale Oil Deposits In North America Mean??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »
We are the Northern Resource sector !!

shale.. anything is dangerous business, harmful business, health danger business !!
personal connection to this travesty of injustice.

If they would get to work on safe solutions, solutions that they have killed off, bought out or made disappear, there would be no Economic or Power concerns ever again. That being said, they think there is not a high enough profit margin in these businesses I suppose.
Now is the Hour of our Discontent !
no big swirly siggys' here! !!
http://wildernessreturn.wordpress.com/

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »
What they mean is the filthy ba....ds wrecked my first well on my land with seismic testing despite a court injunction against them . And a so called justice system ( obviously corporate controlled) that let them off the hook free and clear. Leaving me to shell out 20000 dollars for a new water system. Thank you nexen (now chinese owned) OK that's my rant for the day, sorry touchy subject
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »
This what we get when we rely on debt based currency supplied to us through our global fractional reserve banking system. We have to stay in debt for our economy(and global) to function. Don't worry the Peoples liberation Army of china will probably buy up the majority of the interests and sell it back to us at 5x's the value. PS sorry about my earlier rant I seen coalbed methane then everything went red.
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:43:32 PM »
Nobs,

No worries. I like open and honest conversations. You gave it like you saw it/experienced it.

You reply confirmed, my hunch, this exploration technique has the potential to do more harm than help.

I agree with your other comment about fiat currency. I don't like it. I don't trust it. But not in a situation at this time to change it. But I am aware of what it means.

Mountainman.

Offline thecrownsown

• VIP
    • CSICOP
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:09:34 AM »
We are the Northern Resource sector !!

shale.. anything is dangerous business, harmful business, health danger business !!
personal connection to this travesty of injustice.

If they would get to work on safe solutions, solutions that they have killed off, bought out or made disappear, there would be no Economic or Power concerns ever again. That being said, they think there is not a high enough profit margin in these businesses I suppose.

Who is "they?"

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual."

Ayn Rand

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
They in this case are the US multinationals, some Canadian Nationals, China, Japan

we ship so much raw resources out, get cheap junk back.

They are also my cousin who was murdered by Shale Fracking in his town along with his wife's cousin and uncle plus another 15 people.