Author Topic: protect and serve who?  (Read 933 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
protect and serve who?
« on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:32 PM »
The Finnish National Police Board bans police from identifying migrants as criminal suspects in public The National Police Board in Finland has ordered the Finnish law-enforcement personnel not to talk in public about any crime committed by asylum seekers or migrants. It means that press releases by police departments, requests for public assistance or public information on pending cases shall not mention the ethnicity or asylum seeker status of a suspect or show photographs/video revealing this kind of information. The cops themselves are also forbidden to discuss any such cases in public. This is to prevent a backlash against the rising number of asylum seekers in Finland.

A link to the story (in Finnish only; you can try on-line translators but be warned that Finnish does not translate well at all):  [link to www.iltalehti.fi]
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: protect and serve who?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
To protect and serve has never referred to the general public. They exist to enforce the laws and protect the ideal of society and those who are at the top. IF their real mandate was to protect the public do you think that the highest courts would have decided that the police have no responsibility to actually protect the individual from harm and cannot be prosecuted for the failure to do so. Police as protector is a concept, NOT a reality. Simply look at history. As an example, Police attacked strikers in many countries, enforcing the desires of the companies and those who run them. They did not uphold the law. It is just that it is becoming more blatant as time goes on.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:42:25 PM by JustABear »
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB