Author Topic: germany bans neonicotinoids. to protect bees  (Read 1009 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
germany bans neonicotinoids. to protect bees
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:26 AM »
An Emergency Ordinance comes into force in Germany today that extends the EU's ban on 'neonic' pesticides to protect bees [link to www.gmfreecymru.org]

The UK's farming minister Liz Truss has relaxed the ban to allow farmers to use neonics on 30,000 hectares of oilseed rape.

With this regulation we are protecting the bees against dust-borne insecticides. This benefits both the bees as an important part of nature, as well as the farmers, who depend on the pollination of their crops by the bees.
An Emergency Ordinance comes into force in Germany today restricting neonicotinoid pesticides in order to protect agains the mass die-off of bees.

Since 2013 the EU has prohibited the three neonic agents clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiamethoxam for seed treatment for spring-sown canola (oilseed rape), corn and sunflower. The ban is maintained by Germany, and the Ordinance now extends the EU ban to include winter-sown crops treated with the same insecticides.

Indications of problems with neonics first surfaced in Germany in 2008, when 700 beekeepers on the Upper Rhine suffered the sudden deaths of their bee colonies after farmers planted maize seeds treated with the insecticide clothianidin.

This neonic insecticide damages the brood in beehives, destroys bees' memory and the sense of direction, and disrupts their thermoregulation. Researchers concluded that the wind had blown the neurotoxin to the neighboring wild flower, rape seed and fruit blossoms.

But in England, neonic ban is relaxed
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
Re: germany bans neonicotinoids. to protect bees
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Our government is going there ,but very, very slowly. Actually I do not think  where I live I  have to use the medications for bees they use in farm lands. In farm land areas they medicate bee hives at the beginning and at the end of season (spring , fall), and still loose lot of bees. I use half the amount of medication and bees are very healthy. So I think I will stop it completely .
It is the most rewarding and enjoyable hobby there is. I would recommend it to everybody.
Henry