Author Topic: SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Quietman

• Contributer
SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:16:27 AM »
Is it The Lord?
Is it your Country?
Is it the ones you love and would do anything for?
Is it Me, Myself And I?

Your brain and your heart are connected and when it comes down to the Nitty Gritty, what happens next depends on what drives both down the same path.

Your thoughts Please.
Insert angry grumbling here...

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »
Much of belief comes from prior learning and personal experience. Personal values are also a big part. It can be 'who' you believe in.... or what you believe in. Integrity, honor, loyalty, the concept of 'right' and what it means to you personally. Devotion, commitment. Many of these concepts come from our up bringing. They can also develop and evolve as a result of our life experiences. There is 'good', there is 'evil', and there is a range of grey between them. Learn yourself. Learn what is truly meaningful and important to you on as many levels as you can. Make it personal for you. Explore different scenarios within your heart and mind. Be honest with yourself and your conclusions. What you find will be a snapshot of yourself. If you don't like parts of what you see, you CAN change it. It will be work, but then life is a work in progress. You decide what you will do with it and how you approach it. Some are guided by their own internal compass. Others are guided by what others perceive them to be and their opinions. Yet more swing in the wind with no real set of principles, they go with the flow and end up where life takes them. Do what you can individually and within your group of friends and peers to develop your 'self'. In the end it is all you will have, regardless of what guides you.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline Zed

• VIP
  • Just a dude, in a kilt
Re: SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
"One evening a Samurai  heard a noise in his garden. He went outside to see what it was.
Outside, a shadowless figure stood in the dark.
It was Fear.
'Will you come with me?', asked Fear, ' Or do you want to fight me?'
'Come in' the Samurai welcomed Fear, 'I will defeat you inside.' " - Grandmaster Uwe Hasenbein

It can be extremely difficult for people to find within themselves the strength to overcome extraordinary circumstances. I suspect this is why so many find it easier to acquiesce to the will and commands of others and why so many prominent religions are based on hopes of some kind of divine external salvation. Historically, these religions also tend to be born out of civilizations where the people have lost power in their own lives, but another discussion for else where.
If you defeat enough desperate times, you will not need to find inspiration through outside sources. As Napoleon put it, "Victory comes to the most persevering".
While the justifications for such things may come from many sources (family, self-preservation, vengeance, propaganda), ultimately the strength and will (der Will zur Macht), must come from somewhere within.
It is the difference of predator and prey, hero and slain.
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
― Joseph Heller