Author Topic: avian flu  (Read 1178 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
avian flu
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »
USDA Study: Avian flu was airborne

Posted Tuesday, June 16th 2015 @ 12pm

Wild birds may have brought the avian flu to Minnesota and Iowa.  But the wind helped it rapidly spread to poultry farms.

That's the word from an initial study by the USDA's Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service.  Their epidemiology study found that in turkey farms in Minnesota, the virus was detected in the air inside infected flocks and outside as well. 

Their wind studies also seem to show that the high winds that were prevalent at the time the disease was spreading rapidly in Minnesota and Iowa from farm to farm were at least partially to blame for the spread of the disease.

APHIS Deputy Administrator Dr. T.J. Meyers tells WHO Radio news that not only did the initial study find the disease spreading via the air, they also found where humans were spreading the disease from infected farms to uninfected farms.

The study shows few poultry facilities that separated their bird houses with separate fencing, meaning that farmers from infected facilities could visit uninfected farms and spread the disease through airborne dust particles containing the disease.

Dr. Meyers says poultry facilities need to tighten their bio-containment, with the understanding that the disease can spread just by tracking in soil that's contaminated with the disease. 

It's the first report on their studies of the outbreak.  Here's the full study:

USDA APHIS Epidemiologic Analysis June 15 2015

http://www.whoradio.com/articles/104...orne-13683814/
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Re: avian flu
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:32:30 AM »
This is very bad news..I will print out the link and give it further study as soon as I get the chance...working a lot this week and then heading out for a week a bit of a miny vacation..
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007