Author Topic: the law  (Read 1202 times)

Offline grizly1

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • old New Member
the law
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
The new anti terrorism bill that is going through  how is that gona affect the lives of regular citizens like us
U can't teach greatness and definitely can't fix stupid

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: the law
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:07:48 PM »
Griz,

Is this the story you speak of??

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/harpers-anti-terror-bill-to-criminalize-the-promotion-of-terrorism/article22633213/

I could not get the story from Global to load, so that link will have to do.

This is a shady path we travel down. Although, it may seem "safe" to the government to put restriction on freedom of speach/expression.....I personally find that a threat to my collective freedoms. It may be more effective, as a counter-terrorism measure to allow law-abiding citizens to carry a concealled firearm, so that citizens can assist law enforcement/military in engaging terrorists when they are in the act of terrorizing. Enpower the people, to defend themselves and our country.

Just my opinion of course......

Mountainman.

Offline Zed

• VIP
  • Just a dude, in a kilt
Re: the law
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:35:11 PM »
Any time a government allows people to be imprisoned or punished for something they haven't yet done, it's a bad day for the average guy on the street. Even the term "terrorist" has become ambiguous in recent years. This very government has used this term in relation to scientists who speak out vocally on the causes of climate change. Thought and speech "laws" are a very steep and slippery slope.
When security becomes so tight it strips the liberties you  are trying to preserve, you've already lost.
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
― Joseph Heller