Author Topic: ok. its the wife's turn..  (Read 1589 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: ok. its the wife's turn..
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
RE: buffalo snowpocalypse 6 feet 2 more on the way 7 dead
[img alt=[Image: Bosses-be-like-snow.jpg

http://www.slapcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Bosses-be-like-snow.jpg
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:55:20 AM by wild_E »

Offline Zed

• VIP
  • Just a dude, in a kilt
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Fine prepping example for my neighbourhood. I had four strangers ask to borrow a snowbrush to get home. Most didn't even have gloves in the car.
If you can be warned days in advance of an incoming snowstorm, C-Tire responds with a sale and increased stock and you still can't get it together to have a basic tool used everyday, how are you going to survive the night, let alone anything else!?

Hope you don't have to wait till spring to dig your way out!
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
― Joseph Heller

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
just today I put extra bag into the van.. sox . gloves and snax, hats and coat. need to think about insulated pants/coveralls. prolly a sleeping bag too.

Offline Parkerhale308

• Asset
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
I'm lucky I have Kelee she makes sure I'm safe have my supplies to ensure I can take care of myself, extra cloths, outer shells, gloves, hats, insulated boots, food, water, lighters, first aid kit, fire starter, maps, compass, candles, knives, shot gun with bird shot and slugs all packed into a back pack. Not just an ordinary back pack a good hiking back pack that has the waist strap for long hauls. I concider myself very lucky to have someone that cares that much to make sure I'm safe and can make it back to her.

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
Sad isn't it! This Canada a land of ice and snow as well as extreme summer heat. Most people nowadays run from insulated hot houses into pre heated cars then into heated malls and stores.

It is like they forget that even 20-30 yrs. ago we did not live like this. Imagine if they had to revert back to the situations of the WWII era, let alone the situations of the 1700's !

Think how they would fare and how scary it would suddenly become if an EMP from the Sun or detonation in near space! If it happened in January for example; there might be over 75% dead in North America if combined with huge cold fronts and snow storms.
Sad.. Sad sad situation ..

Hopefully some of the many guests we get daily will learn some tips and hints to help them and their families survive.
Cheers wild_E
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:47:23 PM by wild_E »

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
Just remember people always think that things happen only somewhere else and only to others people.  Do not expect most of people believe in huge catastrophic disasters if they ignore TV warning for next day . That  why i call lot of even preppers just dreamers. Just look at the others site "what did you prep today "  discussing how much toilet paper you need, or how much beer they need.
Some experts saying that maybe 10 % of population could survive and question if it is even worth to survive facing the conditions of after disaster.
I saw on TV after two days of snowing people walking KM to the store because they run out of food. (mental)
Henry