Author Topic: Ebola crisis: Sierra Leone health workers strike  (Read 1032 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Ebola crisis: Sierra Leone health workers strike
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
ok This is the one I wanted to post not the other one :o

[size=1.077em]Hundreds of health workers involved in treating Ebola patients have gone on strike at a clinic in Sierra Leone.[/size][/color]

12 November 2014Last updated at 11:23 ET

[size=1.077em]The staff are protesting about the government's failure to pay an agreed weekly $100 (63) "hazard payment". A few are still assisting at the clinic.[/size][/color]
[/size][size=1.077em]The clinic, in Bandajuma near Bo, is the only Ebola treatment centre in southern Sierra Leone.[/size]
[/size][size=1.077em]In Mali, a nurse and a patient became the second and third people thought to have died from Ebola there.[/size]
[/size][size=1.077em]Nearly 5,000 people have been killed in the outbreak of Ebola in West Africa, mostly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.[/size]
[/size][size=1.077em]The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the outbreak a global health emergency.[/size]
[/size][size=1.077em]The Bandajuma clinic is run by medical charity MSF, which said it would be forced to close the facility if the strike continued.[/size]

[/size]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30019895[size=1.077em][/color]
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: Ebola crisis: Sierra Leone health workers strike
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:33:54 PM »
The latest 2 deaths in Mali are a product of a patient that came from Guinea, a known hot spot. It is not a new cluster. The previous death was also an 'import'. I am very disturbed when I read between the lines and see exactly what the governments of the affected countries are doing to combat this epidemic. In Sierra Leon workers are on strike and clinics closing due to non payment of danger pay by the government. I realize these are poor countries but you can be certain that those in power have not cut their wages or lifestyle to contribute. Sick to death of the hype where the media tells us how bad the West is IE the idea an African's life isn't worth as much as a Westerner's life. The so called leaders of these countries don't care either. They and the WHO demanding more and more in the way of $$$, resources and personnel but not taking any real responsibility themselves.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB