Author Topic: Education to make informed decisions  (Read 2060 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Education to make informed decisions
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:43:48 AM »
Currently there is not a lot of news on the Ebola front, except for it is still out there...

As a person who likes to read between the lines, the lines and underneath the lines I find Ebola difficult to follow. Not that I am uneducated and cannot understand the sequences of events or timelines, but the lack of clarity from those who have been set in charge.

Educated decision making is based on facts received and processed by ourselves, if the true facts are not there or they are grey matter into a blur, then we cannot make for ourselves educated and informed decisions.

Questions remain in our minds as to how much,what to and how long

I have spent some time this morning rehashing the older news, the level of urgency and just what has changed over the past few months

as in any possible pandemic situation I find the CDC and WHO to be the front run liars..and have no idea between the difference of a hole in ground and their ass@@@@....

Freedom means just as I have stated above, for any person to make informed decisions based on information received by another relevant party...

and we can history has a way of repeating itself, I find myself today in the same frame of mind as I did in the late 2005 H5N1 scare...but I have to admit that at least Bush had a set of brass ones to hide tamiflu on a huge ship and send it out to sea in a hidden location just n case there was a pandemic and released the info so we had an idea of what might occur, also during that time we were forever on the watch for a gene mutation, we were still given facts...they even went as far to say IT could happen and for anyone that could stock up on powdered milk and tuna, althou at the time this seemed hillarious and useless, it was at least something

Today I find the CDC and WHO to be negligent in with their power to inform the public of the truth, so that WE as human can make for ourselves informed decisions, we still at the presupus of what could possibily be the most deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen and they(the CDC and WHO) black out news) all under the guise of not creating panic...

So far what I have gathered is the CDC has changed its procedures for hospitals that will deal with Ebola victims, they have order millions of dollars worth of PPE equipment, that will divided in to 50 bundles and will be sent to hospitals that are in need...and that any hospital staff that will be dealing with Ebola patients must show,during practice that they know how to properly done and take off PPE equipment.

In conclusion of this torrid rant of some sorts, I myself would like them to drop the game and come clean with the proper information to help us to make our God given right of informed and educated decisions...

Rant off for now, feel free to share this with anyone that has an ear to listen...
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Re: Education to make informed decisions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
As I posted this, I am watching cbc TV news and along the bottom scrolls Serra Leone sees spike in Ebola numbers

So I have searched through there site and there is no news write up on this and nothing around at all..I would like to have more information and yet again we are being held in the dark

I have found an older news write up from Nov 2 2014 that says they have jumped nine times higher...I will keep searching, I am just surprised if this is from Nov 2, that they are still scrolling it along the bottom
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:52:54 AM by kelee877 »

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
And yesterday's news said it is almost eradicated in Liberia. Go Figger!

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »
Finally found some news

]Ebola cases in Sierra Leone show sharp rise

Official figures show 111 new cases on Sunday, the highest daily rate since August, as UN warns numbers may be much higher

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/10/ebola-cases-sierra-leone-sharp-rise

]Liberia village becomes a new Ebola epicenter

A schoolteacher brought his sick daughter from Liberia's capital to this small town of 300 people. Soon he was dead along with his entire family, and they are now buried in the forest nearby along with an increasing number of residents.The community of Jene-Wonde in Grand Cape Mount County near the border with Sierra Leone has become a new epicenter for the deadly Ebola outbreak in Liberia, which is also hitting Sierra Leone and Guinea.Momo Sheriff, who lost his son to Ebola, said there is no health care in the community and leaders have no way to manage it.

The tiny town already has lost 10 percent of its population to Ebola since late September. Amid all the deaths, markets and farms nearby have been abandoned."If the government does not take action, everybody will die in this town," he said. "We are burying two dead bodies today. We don't know who it will be tomorrow.

Every day we have to cry," he told an Associated Press journalist.Liberia has suffered the greatest death toll in the Ebola epidemic, with 2,766 deaths blamed on the virus that had never been seen in West Africa before this year's crisis. After months of aggressive efforts to isolate the sick and safely bury the dead, the World Health Organization says Ebola appears to be declining in Liberia "although new case numbers remain high in parts of the country."The number of reported cases appears to be even dropping in Liberia's capital, Monrovia.

But that is little solace for the people of Jene-Wonde.Juma Mansaray lost her mother and grandmother on the same day here. She said the community has been ostracized from neighboring ones.

Everywhere we go the people will drive us away," she said. "We are like outcasts; we can't even go to the local market to buy pepper or food because people think we are cursed

We don't know what to do. Most of our relatives in other areas don't want to see us ... we are stuck here."

]http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/10/liberia-village-becomes-a-new-ebola-epicenter/20991132/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D560688
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:31:17 AM by kelee877 »

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:29 PM »
HHS Issues Special HIPAA Bulletin On Ebola Privacy

Law360, New York (November 10, 2014, 6:24 PM ET) -- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Monday issued a bulletin reminding health care centers and others about what information can and cannot be disclosed about Ebola patients or others in an emergency health situation.[/font][/color][/font][/size][/color]According to HHS' Office for Civil Rights, it has received a number of inquiries on how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act applies to information about Ebola patients, an issue that could lead to legal risks for providers and business associates. Monday's special guidance recognized that patient data...

[/color]http://www.law360.com/articles/594963/hhs-issues-special-hipaa-bulletin-on-ebola-privacy
[/font][/color]

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 08:52:41 AM »
HHS Issues Special HIPAA Bulletin On Ebola Privacy

Law360, New York (November 10, 2014, 6:24 PM ET) -- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Monday issued a bulletin reminding health care centers and others about what information can and cannot be disclosed about Ebola patients or others in an emergency health situation.[/font][/color][/font][/size][/color]According to HHS' Office for Civil Rights, it has received a number of inquiries on how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act applies to information about Ebola patients, an issue that could lead to legal risks for providers and business associates. Monday's special guidance recognized that patient data...

[/color]http://www.law360.com/articles/594963/hhs-issues-special-hipaa-bulletin-on-ebola-privacy
[/font][/color]

Not sure what you are trying to say with this. The link has no information.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
In my eyes it is saying that hospitals can no longer release information should they receive a patient with Ebola...it will now all be hush whether they test positive or negative...you will never know if and when you have to go through a set of emergency doors,if someone has sat in the very chair you are going to sit in could have Ebola..well not really but, they will not have to say if they have someone in that hospital that is infected

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »
There is nothing in that to state that hospitals cannot make the public aware of a patient with Ebola. What it IS warning about is the legal and ethical requirement to maintain patient confidentiality by not sharing anything that can identify the patient or actual details of treatment or progress. It is illegal in Ontario to even access a patient's information unless you are actively involved with that patients care.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »
I understand both sides of this discussion. But I have to say I sympathize  with Kelee's take on the situation. Although I have been away for a few days hunting my favorite meat (yes cute little bambi) trying to get current stats is almost impossible. A couple of weeks ago they were stating infections at almost 14,000 and deaths at close to 5000. This was revised downward later due to "new reporting methods" ... then nothing.  Did it just go away? perhaps it is like a Malaysian airliner; out of site out of mind? This followed the appointment of a US Ebola (read media) czar.  Now there was intense pressure on the mainstream media only to report positive cases in North America not just suspected or cases under surveillance. Well from what I can find out there were 146 people being monitored in the City of New York just over a week ago, this week it is almost 400! This is just one city all be it a very large one.

I believe they the general public should be treated with respect but most of all honesty. Give the data and let us interpret the data for ourselves. The lack of current data speaks volumes. If they are not telling us the numbers they are already not telling the truth.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/