Author Topic: Save those crayon shavings  (Read 1424 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Save those crayon shavings
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
All young kids love crayons and if you can the big sharpener for them and you use it save the shavings(the waxer the crayon the better..crayola brand)

but any type will probably do..now this is more of a fall project for young kids..

Send kids outside to collect the most colorful and pretty leaves they can find..tell them to make them different kinds, make it a treasure hunt so they can learn edible leaves, but any kind will do as long as not poisonous

you will need your crayon shavings
construction paper
wax paper
and a med hot iron( or if you can find the old fashion kind that sits on your stove to warm up) please be careful and an adult should do ironing part
stapler

ok...cut some picture frames out of construction paper you will need 2 of the same size,cut 2 pieces of wax paper to the same size as frame(outside), arrange leaves on one piece of wax paper and sprinkle different color shavings in between the leaves,place the other piece of wax paper over top , carefully with med heated iron( and just graze it over top lightly as to not melt the waxed paper..the crayons shavings should melt..take your 2 pieces of consturction paper and put them around the wax paper and leaves with melted wax...staple in each corner or middle....hang in your windows and enjoy

please please heed the warnings I would hate to see a child burnt...the only part the kids should not do is use the iron..
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline Lake Lili

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
  • CanAm Author
Re: Save those crayon shavings
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
I love these.  Monkey came home from camp with one and it sits on our chair rail being admired by one and all.  Thanks for posting this idea.
... if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what flock are ye?  - Alma 5:39

Remember to keep clear the line between sheep and sheeple!