Author Topic: Ebola infection rates and the transmission of the virus.  (Read 1350 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Ebola infection rates and the transmission of the virus.
« on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:01 AM »
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: Ebola infection rates and the transmission of the virus.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
Although Ebola is a disastrous disease and clearly has a high mortality rate it seems VERY significant to me that not one of those Westerners who have tested positive and began treatment before the onset of major symptoms has died. I do not know what the mitigating factors are in this. Better overall health? Better general public health / hygiene / nutrition standards? Better immune systems due to these factors? Prior immunizations for other viruses and diseases? Better, more focused and intensive treatment once diagnosed? Interesting stuff and WAY beyond my scope and knowledge.... but that fact remains the current results don't lie.

A quote from 'The Guardian"..."Ebola is a disease of poverty. It is very difficult to spread, and depends on direct contact with the bodily fluids of the infected, rather than being an airborne (and thus catastrophic) illness. If Liberia had a functioning public health system, the epidemic would be shut down. It needs trained health workers, isolation wards and protective gear to combat it infrastructure that, in our grossly unequal world, simply is not there in a countries like Liberia or Sierra Leone. In Nigeria and Senegal, where there is a far more effective public health system, the countries appear to have put a stop to the onward march of Ebola. The disease has no real chance of spreading in western countries, because any victims would be quickly isolated and treated."

I sincerely believe this to be true.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
JAB

Your information in its self may be true and correct...and yes I am going to...BUT

there have been no past or current studies done(other then the US military) that once this virus comes in contact with our colder climate, how it will react...I think that stands as a subject on its own, as even TPTB have no idea what will happen

and in this all I ask is that you do not put your guard down..I am seeing to many disturbing things concerning factual information about Ebola, that I would say pray for the best but prepare for the worst

as Parkerhale and I spend this day getting more things ready
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
LOL... Let me tell you that I in no way will be putting my guard down. In my work I will be one of the FIRST ONES to have contact with any patient who presents with Ebola.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:03 AM »
LOL... Let me tell you that I in no way will be putting my guard down. In my work I will be one of the FIRST ONES to have contact with any patient who presents with Ebola.

gotcha... :D ...thank goodness for not putting guards down
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007