Author Topic: nurse 'realesed' after whine  (Read 1187 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: nurse 'realesed' after whine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:45:12 PM »
Being a nurse I completely agree with the idea of a mandatory quarantine after exposure to this virus. This 'nurse' is an idiot in my opinion and seems to want to be treated like a hero as opposed to the potential risk she is to the public. The best way to support those who choose to travel to and help in these areas is to make a law that prevents any punitive action by your employer for doing this voluntary work and any repercussions that occur as a result; meaning time will be allowed off for quarantine, benefits and pension will continue to be funded and accumulated and you will be paid while you are off work for any mandatory screening period or illness. The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care has put out "Directive Number 1"addressing actions and responses to be taken with suspected and confirmed Ebola patients by health care workers and hospitals. 

"For asymptomatic HCWs who had an unprotected exposure (e.g., not wearing recommended PPE at the time of patient contact or through direct contact to blood or body fluids) to a patient with EVD:

They should receive medical assessment and follow-up care including fever monitoring twice daily for 21 days after the last known exposure.

Organizations should consider policies ensuring twice daily contact with exposed HCWs to discuss potential symptoms and document fever monitoring checks.

They should not have any patient contact for 21 day following the unprotected exposure."

The  link to the complete directive is here   http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/emu/ebola/docs/evd_directive_1_20141017.pdf
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: nurse 'realesed' after whine
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:56:17 PM »
aGree Jab..

Anybody who comes into contact should be quarantined. she knew that also but apparently, the cameras and the ritz were busy.

I applaud knowingly heading into this mess, but NO ONE should come back without quarantine.

her wages and benefits should continue during quarantine, as her job, is still ongoing.

It would appear with all the side stepping and double talk, that the CDC, is either, not telling all, or, completely incompetant.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:58:28 PM by zeker »
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most