Author Topic: Islam a religion of peace.  (Read 4872 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Islam a religion of peace.
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
I have heard world leaders, in particular David Cameron of the UK and Barack Obama of the US, say repeatedly that Islam is a religion of peace.  Well current events, say of the last 20 years tends to make me believe otherwise. Those of you who have studied history would probably agree that this has indeed been the case for the last 1,500 years.

Now not to single out the Islamic religion, zealot's of just about any religion have turned to violence at one point or another in their history, but Islam seems to me be one, if not the, biggest offender.

Granted there are some pretty gruesome verses  teachings in the Bible, However by far the vast majority of Christians do not take them literally. I have not seen any Christians beheading people, innocent or otherwise, lately and using the Bible as the pretext.

There are close to 200 verses in the Koran appear to advocate violence and over 150 that relate to Jihad. So either the Koran is a book that advocates violence or is at least interpreted that way by a significant number of followers.

So who do we blame? The book or some of its followers?
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: Islam a religion of peace.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »
"The book or it's followers" once they resort to violence are one and the same. The Koran should be treated the same in Western society as any text that is deemed detrimental to the social fabric. It should be censored and banned. IF Islam and the Muslim faith were simply a religion that would be one thing. The reality is that Islam is a Theocracy... NOT a religion. It's religion, laws and government ALL come from one source... the Koran, and there is no separation of "Church and State". Time to call it, and treat it for what it is and stop making nice with those who believe you exist to either serve them, convert to them, or die.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
sadly.. them folks been killing each .. or anybody else.. for thousands of yrs.. NOTHING ANYONE does now.. will change that.

no gov can change that

no military can change that.

nothing.. >:(
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline BOA

• Contributer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:32:30 AM »
If they were a religion of peace there would be no such thing as jihad.

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 11:25:31 AM »
http://pamelageller.com/2015/01/muslims-torch-940-cars-across-france-on-new-years-eve.html/

I know...
Just kids letting off some steam.  Nothing to see here.  No reason for Canadian media to cover it. 

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
OMG I could not believe that. I did not see anything on the mainstream news & I watch BBC every day. However checking on their website they did report on it on the net.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30653784

Oh sure the "humanitarian" organizations and the UN want Canada to take in 10,000 more Muslim refugees. At some point in the very near future Europe a whole, not just a couple of individual states will drastically rethink their refugee policies. As conflicts break out and spread throughout the world the number of refugees becomes ever increasing. Once you turn on the tap of taking them in it becomes increasingly harder to turn if off with the flow increasing until the bucket overflows.

Gravlore

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
Wait and see. You will see countries going the way of Nazi Germany (perhaps less geopolitically advancing). Once a race or entity becomes too powerful, violent or pushy, the public takes notice and votes in a person to 'take care' of the problem by any means necessary. Same as it ever was.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
Yes I agree we are just seeing the begging of this with the emergence and growing support for nationalist parties throughout Europe.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
I received an e-mail not too long ago that also noticed a lack of peacefulness......

"
Think about it...

<blockquote><blockquote>The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were
Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The Underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were
Muslims
The Bali Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were
Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks Bombers were
Muslim
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The First World Trade Center Bombers were
Muslims
The Bombay, Mumbai, India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were
Muslims
The Nairobi, Kenya Shopping Mall Killers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims
The Sydney, Australia Lindt Cafe Kidnapper was a Muslim
The Peshawar, Pakistani School Children Killers were
Muslims
The French Charlie Hebdo Killers were Muslims

Think about it...
Hindus living with Jews = No Problem
Baha'is living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Baha'is = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem

Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem

Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem

Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem

Baha'is living with Christians = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem

Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem

Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Baha'is = Problem
Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = VERYBIG PROBLEM

SO THIS LEAD
S TO...

They’re not happy in Gaza
They're not happy in Egypt
They're not happy in Libya

They're not happy in Iran
They're not happy in Iraq
They're not happy in Yemen
They're not happy in Pakistan
They're not happy in Syria
They're not happy in Lebanon
They're not happy in Nigeria
They're not happy in Kenya
They're not happy in Sudan
They're not happy in Morocco
They're not happy in Afghanistan 

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia
They're happy in Belgium
They're happy in France
They're happy in Holland
They're happy in Italy
They're happy in Germany
They're happy in Spain
They're happy in Sweden
They're happy in Denmark
They're happy in the USA & Canada
They're happy in Norway & India
They're very happy in England (UK) (Loads of Welfare Benefits)

They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic!
And who do they blame? Not Islam... Not their leadership... Not themselves...

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!!

And they want to change the countries they're happy in, to be like the countries they came from where they were unhappy and finally they will be get hammered!

Islamic Jihad: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
ISIS: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Qaeda: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Taliban: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Boko Haram: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Al-Nusra: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Abu Sayyaf: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Al-Badr: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Muslim Brotherhood: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Lashkar-e-Taiba: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Ansaru: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Jemaah Islamiyah: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Abdullah Azzam Brigades: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

Al-Shabbab Somalia: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION AND A LOT MORE!"

MM.

PS - When does the peaceful part start??
</blockquote></blockquote>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:25:04 PM by Mountainman »

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »
So I guess "Actions speak loader than words."  was not one of Mohamed's sayings.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
All,

Watched the following Vice News on IS. Very interesting. No peace. No love. Only hate. Only killing of all non-believers. Very sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94

MM.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »
An interesting story from the Hamilton Spectator, written by a person on the ground from personal exposure. VERY interesting.

Why are Muslims misinterpreting their faith?
Question demands soul-searching as we work together toward an answer
Hamilton Spectator
By Thomas Froese

KAMPALA, UGANDA He goes by a false name so he's not found and killed. I just met him. I'll call him Ahmed in this, his story. He recently shared it around our dinner table.

Ahmed was born into a successful family in the Muslim world, grandson of a high-ranking politician, son of a successful businessman. It was when he went for studies abroad and observed the life of an African friend that Ahmed grew intrigued by Christianity.

Later, back home, he tried to find a Bible. That's always risky in Ahmed's country because there it's illegal to share any faith beside Islam, even privately.

When he eventually found someone to help, the man said no. He feared Ahmed was a government spy. Ahmed returned later. No. Then a third time, desperate. "This is my last time. If you don't give me a Bible, my blood will be on your neck," Ahmed said. Secretly, a Bible was given.

Ahmed read it in private until two family members discovered it and made plans to kill him. This, to keep the family's honour.

With just the clothes on his back, Ahmed ran. He left everything: his wife, several children, money and a business worth more than you'd imagine. In a neighbouring country, he went under self-imposed house arrest with a friend when Muslims there suspected he was apostate, a criminal against the Islamic state for the simple act of leaving the faith.

Shortly later, Ahmed landed in East Africa to study theology and wait for a country — Australia and Canada are possibilities — to open its borders to his future.

My children listened to Ahmed's story, eyes wide. Then we moved to the living room where newspapers lay strewn on the floor. Headlines of bloodshed — Gulf War II — and other disturbing events of the day faced us while I shared memories from my family's own time in the Muslim world. I had worked in Sana'a at the Yemen Times for four years.

One story was from the first year, when three Americans were murdered in a hospital in the Yemeni city of Jibla. Martha was an obstetrician, Kathy was a purchasing agent, Bill, the hospital administrator. They were our friends, serving in a place of healing.

My wife, also an obstetrician, knew Martha well. After slaying our friends with a semi-automatic, the killer screamed "Allahu akbar!" that is "God is great!"

My wife, originally scheduled to be in that blood-soaked hospital meeting, had somehow escaped death. Then the rumours surfaced of western journalists on a hit-list. Every time I started the car, I wondered if it would blow up.

This is the world, our world, a dangerous and deluded world, religious or otherwise. The headlines scream at anyone who bothers to notice. Two days before Ahmed's dinner visit, more than 30 were killed at a police academy in Sana'a. That's the day the Charlie Hebdo massacre bloodied Paris. The rest of the day's headlines you know.

The morning of this writing, Ahmed's story came up during coffee at my kids' international school. It's a safe place, as safe as any place, anyway. I sat with another parent, a Muslim friend, a Ugandan who had lived in Canada for years. He talked about his faith.

I shared Ahmed's story. My friend said Ahmed's family misinterpreted true Islam. This is it, I said. Why are Muslims — not terrorists, but common Muslims in this or that country — so radically misinterpreting their faith?

If Islam is a religion of peace, and I believe it can be in some places, this is the unflinching and reasonable question for any of us, Muslims and non-Muslims alike. It's a question to work though together with no less measure of critical-thinking and nuance and soul-searching than the measure of respect deserved by the Muslim community.

Because while Islam may be getting hijacked by relatively few radicals, the disturbing news is also that entire swaths of people groups, an ocean of souls personified by Ahmed, live cradle-to-grave without a fragment of free choice, let alone the dignity of free speech.

Why such bounding fears over freedoms that are so inherent to our humanity, that were given at the beginning?

Author and journalist Thomas Froese is a Hamiltonian currently living in East Africa. Read him at www.dailydad.net and www.thomasfroese.com

JAB

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »
All,

Received this via an e-mail. Apparently, Sir Winston Churchill was a very observant man.

MM

CHURCHILL ON ISLAM Unbelievable, but the speech below was written in 1899.   (Check Wikipedia - The River War). The attached short speech from Winston Churchill, was delivered   by him in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many,   but expresses in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language,   of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late  19th and 20th centuries. He was a brave young soldier, a brilliant journalist, an extraordinary politician and   statesman, a great war leader and British Prime Minister, to whom the Western world must be forever in his debt.   He was a prophet in his own time. He died on 24th January 1965, at the grand old age of 90 and,   after a lifetime of service to his country, was accorded a State funeral. HERE IS THE SPEECH:    

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy,
  which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.   The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture,   sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the   Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement,   the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to   some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction   of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Muslims may   show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.   No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant   and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step;   and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had   vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."  Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol II, pages 248-250 London). 

Churchill saw it coming.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
It was true then and it is true today. We should be very wary of smooth tongued politicians who proclaim that it is a "peaceful religion".

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 02:08:02 AM »
Those politicians who claim it as a 'peaceful religion' do so only to curry favor and immediate benefit. They sell their souls, and ours, for the present; irregardlless of the future cost. Be wary of anyone who will not stand for the values that have made this country and our society what it is. Values that have been built on the blood and sweat of the sons and daughters of Canada and every Western Nation.

JAB

Gravlore

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 02:32:30 AM »
I recently had a discussion on this very topic with another very close person in my life. We discussed Islam as well as Christianity and well... most religion.

They are all violent and have their own set of crazies that follow them. If Islam were as violent as everyone seems to think it is then why is it that 1.6 BILLION yes BILLION violent no good (sarc) Muslims are knocking at our doors? "Jihad" or a variation of it is in the Christian Bible (one for which I read). Nobody says Boo about that because its "the old testament", and as every born again Christian knows that since Christ died on the cross, the old testament seems to be null and void thanks to the blood of the lamb.

My point is that every religion can pick at another for passages that advance an agenda vs the other. Governments use this belief to advance their political goals to the masses that believe this as well. Here are some passages from the Bible that some may use to say the BIBLE is one that condones murder and violence. People could use this to say all Christians follow a religion of murder as well. I feel a 'Unholy war from both sides is coming'.

Deuteronomy 13:7-12

Deuteronomy 17:2-5

Deuteronomy 13:1-5

Isaiah 14:21

This one should make for plenty of death ... Exodus 31:12-15 NLT. How does the blood of Jesus excuse this behavior?

I do not believe that these passages (meanings can be skewed by opposing sides) should be exercised but many... MANY Christians believe we should follow the BIBLE and its WORDS to the LETTER. This makes for some very bat s_ _ _  crazy Christians. There are many more passages but I think we get the point.

Lets not let media hype or 'feelings' cloud judgement. This world has enough hate in it to label the majority of people based on the actions of the minority. There is no doubt that terror groups should be disbanded but lets not generalize an entire faith on the actions of the loons.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »
You are correct when you say that every religion has items of violence and things that go against what we now regard as common decency. The societies that have as part of them other main stream religions don't base their politics and laws on a base interpretation of that religion. In the religion in discussion, the religion IS the law and also the government, and the base population, if not actively furthering the agenda, tolerates it and 'goes along'. THAT is the difference.

JAB

Gravlore

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »
I do not think the base populations of Iraq, Syria and for that matter Saudi Arabia necessarily want to have religion as the law. The governments in charge enforce that upon them more than anything, especially in the case of Saudi Arabia. As far as ISIS is concerned I have heard they basically started because the Iraqi government was really corrupt. Their tactics are brutal and will not last over time. There is a power vacuum in the area and it seems that most use religion to garner majority support. This leads to opposing sects fighting back in a very violent and radicalized manner. The only society (under a government) is one of a secular nature that accepts the RIGHTS and FREEDOMS (whatever that means is another discussion) of ALL.

I simply have a problem with labeling something a threat when it is not. Radical ideals under the guise of faith/religion are the threat.

If we were under a religious government and I was threatened death if I did not go along, I may be perceived as accepting of the religion simply because of my fear of dying because of it. This in my opinion is viewed from afar as 'tolerating' it.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
Grav's,

I do not disagree with your selections nor with the observations that some terrible things have been done in the name of the Lord.

The Ten Commandments are like the Reader's Digest version of Christianity, they provide a moral compass for people to follow and behaviours to avoid.

This current jihad proclaimed by a minority of islam, if allowed to grow like the cancer it is, will in time inflame the whole planet. The quiet majority of islam sit quiet to hedge their bets. If the civilized peoples of the world crush the jihadists, then the quiet majority will come out loud and clear and thank the victors. If the jihadists win, they will say thank you to the victors. The quiet majority of islam is in a survival situation, their survival. By being neither for nor against the jihad they seek personal survival.

At the root of this issue is power, greed and influence. Is the caliphate in Iraq & Syria being raised purely for islam or are other parties involved??? Keeping the chaos going and breeding a larger war will keep all eyes mis-directed. Finding the truth in this situation is going to be a big challenge. Safe to say that islam and its followers will be portrayed as the bad guys. It is an easy sell. Thanks to  instant news footage via the internet - beheadings and burning captives alive will keep the majority pissed at the jihadists and islam in general.

Are there actual peaceful religions on this planet.....maybe. Have any religion(s) rose to power without violence??? Not very many come to mind. So, is it that humans by nature are violent animals or do all religions instill a violent tendency in their followers??

These are not easy ideas to ponder......

Mountainman.