Author Topic: Prepper Signs  (Read 21961 times)

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
Re: Prepper Signs
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
That is coolio like someone I know recently said to me.. LOL

The patch just needed a little motto I thought!

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
Lets take a poll. How many want to adopt MM's logo as depicted here as our "patch" with the Semper Paradus motto? I will start

Yea
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline Ranger2012

• Tinker
  • Pro Preppers
  • VIP
  • We Prep to live, Not just to survive.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 03:31:31 AM »
Canadian Combat Engineers

Quo fas et gloria d u c u n t (Latin, "Whither right and glory lead")
Ubique (Latin, "Everywhere")

"We're here, we're there, we're Everywhere, so Beware!   ;)

I swear the Language editor here is viscous..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:51:45 PM by Ranger2012 »
We learn, We practice, We teach.

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »
Not sure if MM is offering the image for our use, but I agree it's cool and would adopt it if allowed.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Good point Greenguy. I apologize for any mistaken assumption. I will stand down until we hear from MM on this.

JAB

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
I have to say I like them all! Who's says there has to be just one?

As a base sign for prepping I like Greenguys, it is my favourite. I would like to see this one used for rallying points for networks or at prepper events .

As a day to day wearable ID badge I still like my idea for a copper penny pin, for the lapel, you ball cap whatever. Low key, easily explained and to drawing too much attention with non-preppers.

For conditions when a versatile signage/ID is required I like Rangers and Mountainmans, both of these are very close to each other. These can have at least four orientations each with their own meaning in a SHTF situation.

It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »
How about this?  :o

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
and the motto can be

I,m a prepper,he,s(she,s) a prepper...wouldn't you like to be a prepper too

edited to change our to the(I,m the newbie so still have to hang back for a bit)
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:50 PM »
A large part of who we are is a result of our independent nature and our ability to think outside the box. That to a large degree is what prepping is about. Critical thinking, rational and logical application of ideas, not going with the flow, trust and faith in our own thoughts and beliefs, the willingness to be different... and perhaps a touch of healthy paranoia regardless of what our particular focus might be. In many cases that has lead us to be somewhat loners or at least extremely careful in sharing who we are and what we are about. This is a good thing. Sometimes though, a level of conformity is a better way to go. We should develop a standard "sign" or at least a base design for that sign that can be universally recognized by preppers wherever you might be. The "fluff" of the badge or patch or pin can be as different as each of us is... but the core should be the same. I think the triangle motif is solid and recognizable regardless of how one may choose to embellish it. To the public it would be many different presentations but to us there would be one underlying clear core. Thoughts?

JAB

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »
I like the idea of thousands of versions of the a prepper sign. That allows for individual input, taste, style, or whatever and holding to the idea.

I am sure Dr. Prepper would be proud of all the loyal preppers who remember the jingle!!!

As for using a sign/symbol based on the one I am using with The G.O.O.D. Plan, including the Semper Paratus; I do not have a problem with that. If anyone asks please tell to visit my blog, so they can learn where the logo came from. Maybe, they will want to buy a copy of my book????

But, like I said, it would be more powerful to have thousands upon thousands of symbols based on the triangle inside the circle. The rebel type may want to go with the triangle over the circle. But right now we have the luxury of discussing what shapes, ideas, symbols we want to identify each other, in times of SHTF.

Mountainman.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
Not sure if MM is offering the image for our use, but I agree it's cool and would adopt it if allowed.

Greenguy,

Thanks for the vote. I like your version, too. In fact, it was your version that helped spur me to muck with the colour spectrum of my logo for the book.

But each of us has our own way of creating the shapes/symbols, they are all the same and at the same time they are all different. Make perfect sense in a paradoxical kind of way.

The first time this topic was discussed on another forum, it was laughed down and brushed away........no secret handshakes, no secret symbols. However, for networking in a mixed crowd, some symbol does help to reduce the time necessary to meet the folks you may want to talk to, and maybe network with in the future. This discussion, is in the open amongst like-minded folks trying to solve a communication and networking issue. Not a bunch of dark robes, hiding in a candle-lit cave formulating some devious plan of world domination.

Just a few thoughts,

Mountainman.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
To move this ahead then... shall we take a poll on using the triangle/circle motif as a base and personal embellishment as the individual sees fit?

JAB

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
For complete disclosure purposes, it should be noted that my symbol is not my design.  It was developed from a badge offered on this site:
http://www.obamaprepper.com/current-auctions/universal-prepper-patch-badge-multicam-survival

The seller goes into detail about the meaning behind the symbol.  He also stated that the design was open to copy so I did my own version with design program I have.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
Thank you Greenguy. That said... are people interested and willing to commit to one general motif as discussed? Circle and triangle with individual embellishment.

How say you? Yea or Nay

JAB

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »
Yea!!

Greenguy,

Disclosure endorsed. Still a neat design.

Mountainman.

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
When People post info on the web, it would be good for them to use Paragraphs! That is hard to read and even look at!

Offline thecrownsown

• VIP
    • CSICOP
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
Yea.  I Like the idea of a small discrete symbol.

But I've seen this symbol (triangle inside a square) in a variety of other applications....it is used in Freemasonry (btw..what you guys/gals are talking about using a hidden symbol in plain sight is very familiar to masons)  and I think the symbol was in that Tom Cruise movie "oblivion."  Its also used on a coin by Alcoholics Anonymous...and I've seen the concept used (not exactly like above) used by Restoration companies..I believe they have a triangle within a circle denoting Water, Fire, Smoke or something like that..  So, you might get approached from other loosely connected groups inquiring about the badge. :)

I think...and its just an assumption, like other groups....preppers can usually sense each other out.  Think of the lingo thats commonly used here....how you talk, your interests, etc.    Its not necessarily clandestine, or secret, but when you travel in certain circles you pick up that lingo, and end up using it.  Think of walking in Christian Circles, or your particular relgious group, if your into automotive or electronics....you have your particular lingo.

That being said, I like the idea.  Both greenguys and MM's badge are nice.  My vote is for either.

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual."

Ayn Rand

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »
To have a degree of ambiguity is just that much better... someone approaches you and asks... "blah blah... whatever" If it isn't prepper related you can divert the conversation away from the topic and be discrete. If the person recognizes it for what it is then you can explore. The fact that it may not be a direct sign to a prepper is great in my books. We are voting on one or the other... just on the loose base...IE circle and triangle.. then to be enhanced as the individual wishes keeping the base representation clear.

JAB

Offline thecrownsown

• VIP
    • CSICOP
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
good points. 
"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual."

Ayn Rand

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Ok how about a T-shirt with the title "I'm a stranded prepper"?  :) :) :) :)