Author Topic: more border sheanigans  (Read 4417 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
ono.. say it aint so
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
Migrant children are no-shows at Dallas immigration hearings

By DIANNE SOLÍS

Staff Writer

dsolís@dallasnews.com

Published: 22 July 2014 11:01 PM

Updated: 22 July 2014 11:19 PM

Marcos and Crisly, Ana and Blanca, Fabiola and Maria Antonia.

The youths were among 20 from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala who were set to appear in federal immigration court Tuesday for initial deportation hearings. But they weren’t there — 18 of the children whose cases were set to be heard didn’t show up Tuesday for court.

It was an absentee rate that federal Immigration Judge Michael Baird said was “highly unusual,” so high that he reset the hearings for Aug. 11 rather than possibly issuing a deportation order.

Baird said he was concerned that the children may not have received proper notice of the hearings from the government. Attorney Lynn Javier, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, agreed that it was “prudent” to reset the hearings.

The children are among about 100,000 juveniles who have entered the U.S. without a parent in the last two fiscal years, according to Homeland Security. None of the children set to appear on Tuesday had an attorney, a swelling reality that inspired Dallas Catholic Bishop Kevin Farrell on Monday to appeal to attorneys to step up to provide free services.

The judge’s decision drew praise from local immigration lawyers. Paul Zoltan, an immigration attorney in Dallas, called the decision “classy,” saying the children would have time to get attorneys and any mailing errors could be corrected.

“It gives the kids another chance,” he said.

In general, 46 percent of juveniles don’t show up for their immigration court hearings, according to Capitol Hill testimony recently from Juan Osuna, who directs the Justice Department’s immigration courts. The Executive Office of Immigration Review faces a backlog of 375,000 cases and was ordered a few weeks ago to make unaccompanied juveniles the top priority.

The high number of no-shows Tuesday raised questions about whether the children had enough time to prepare for the hearings or whether they and their families made calculated risks not to appear in court.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...-Teenagers
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Re: more border sheanigans
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
What an incredible drain on society, the legal system and the economy. Why not use some common sense and make it difficult to get into the country? What ever happened to common sense?
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
They just "disappear"!!!!!

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »
I say stop them at the border.. they r mexico problem til they come in USA. dont let them in.. Mex will fix it real quik

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
760 dumped in tennessee
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 07:35:24 AM »
gonna be a big strain on the state's resources.. not even a 'heads up'  Feds quietly dump hundreds of illegal immigrants in TennesseeTodd StarnesBy Todd StarnesPublished July 28, 2014FoxNews.comFacebook6086Twitter1693livefyre2194immigration-stop-cropped-internal.jpgJune 25, 2014: A group of immigrants from Honduras and El Salvador, who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, are stopped in Granjeno, Texas.APImagine you’re about to sit down for supper when suddenly 760 folks show up on your front porch wanting fried catfish and hushpuppies. You’d be fit to be tied as they say in Tennessee.
And Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is fit to be tied.ADVERTISEMENTADVERTISEMENTThe Obama administration recently released 760 illegal immigrant children to sponsors in the Volunteer State without any warning, the governor charged.
There was not so much as a text message or tweet.
“It is unacceptable that we became aware via a posting on the HHS website that 760 unaccompanied children have been released by the Office of Refugee Resettlement to sponsors in Tennessee  without my administration’s knowledge,” the governor wrote in a strongly-worded letter to President Obama.
CLICK HERE TO READ GOV. HASLAM'S LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
Haslam, a Republican, said he still has not been contacted by the Obama administration – and has no idea where the illegals were resettled.
“I still have not been contacted and have no information about these individuals or their sponsors other than what was posted on the HHS website,” he wrote.
The Office of Refugee Resettlement says sponsors are typically a parent or relative who can care for the illegal immigrant child while their immigration case is processed. All sponsors are required to undergo background checks.
It’s also unclear why the ORR is handling the children – since they are illegal immigrants and not refugees.
It’s been the Obama administration’s standard operating procedure to release the illegals into states without notifying local or state government officials.
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that the illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy. He said privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public’s right to know what’s happening.
Haslam warned the sheer number of illegals could “have a significant impact on state and local governments.”
Specifically, he feared whether the massive numbers will complicate the start of the new school year.
“An influence of unaccompanied immigrant children to the state, with little information being made available to the public or to state leaders, creates confusion and could be very problematic,” the governor wrote.
Dan Howell, a Republican state house candidate, said the administration’s actions are outrageous and commended Haslam’s letter.
“I believe in legal immigration but I support Gov. Haslam's response to the president's decision which is an outrage,” Howell told me. “It's unfortunate the president's actions are putting a strain on Tennessee's resources but what's more unfortunate is the hardship his actions are imposing on these children and the fact the president is ignoring the law and refusing to seal the border.”
Meanwhile, Haslam is demanding the Obama administration answer eight questions about the illegals dumped in his state.
Among the most pressing questions, he wants to know if the children were given medical screenings, how their sponsors were screened, the official immigration status of the illegals and their sponsors, the localities the children were placed, and how long they plan to be residents of the Volunteer State.
Gov. Haslam has a right to be concerned.
If Obama is truly acting in the best interests of the nation – why is he cloaking this nefarious scheme in a shroud of secrecy?
Todd Starnes

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/28/feds-secretly-dump-hundreds-illegal-immigrants-in-tennessee/

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
remember.. its only children
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »
‘disturbing trend’ of brazen attacks against border security by gangs, drug and human tra      <blockquote>               EXCLUSIVE: Report reveals ‘disturbing trend’ of brazen attacks against border security by gangs, drug and human traffickers

By Jana Winter
Published July 31, 2014
FoxNews.com
Facebook1179 Twitter646 livefyre
[Report reveals ‘disturbing trend’ of brazen attacks against border security]

EXCLUSIVE: A game warden hit in the head with a rock while trying to seize a raft. Police officers wounded in an hours-long standoff with a gang member wanted for murder. Criminals spewing obscenities and death threats at local cops before asking for – and receiving – medical treatment.

And that was just last week.

A weekly report distributed by a Texas state agency to senior law enforcement officials paints a grim picture of the Mexican border, where authorities regularly confront illegal immigrant gang members and draw automatic gunfire from across the Rio Grande, and where local, state and federal authorities fight a never-ending battle against drug smugglers.

The most recent Border Operations Sector Assessment report compiled by the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Border Security Operations Center, dated July 25 and obtained by FoxNews.com, details local and federal authorities encountering smugglers carrying millions of dollars’ worth of marijuana, cocaine and methamphetamine, some of which was found in vehicles filled with biblical passages and religious items; federal agents being assaulted and shot at; gang members brazenly approaching people in their homes; and ranch workers witnessing men crossing into the U.S. wearing camouflage and carrying long guns and automatic weapons.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REPORT

"In recent weeks the traffic appears to have slowed slightly, yet assaults on law enforcement have increased. This is a disturbing trend that needs to be addressed,” Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Union, Rio Grande Valley Sector, told FoxNews.com.

“It is paramount that we get this problem under control. It is evident that we need more agents in the field to address the various threats posed to law enforcement as well as to our nation."

The Austin-based Border Security Operations Center serves as the focal point for the six Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers located along Texas’ border with Mexico. Officials there analyze intelligence from state, local and federal law enforcement agencies in an effort to facilitate communication among them.

In the week of July 16-23 alone, according to the report, U.S. authorities apprehended 6,028 illegal immigrants, 4,152 of whom were not from Mexico. Most came from Central America. But there also were people from Russia, Morocco, China, Cuba and India, among other nations.

Cabrera, the union rep for the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the most heavily trafficked portion of the border, was shown a copy of the report by FoxNews.com. He contends the increase in attacks against law enforcement and the compilation of such events--including the game warden assault that occurred in Cabrera's sector -- should have been shared with him and his colleagues. But only higher-up officials receive the weekly reports, he said.

A spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety declined to respond on the record; Border Patrol did not return FoxNews.com's request for comment.

The 83-page report for July 16-23 reveals, among other things, that authorities seized $478,879 in U.S. currency, recovered more than seven tons of marijuana (street value: $6.35 million) and turned up more than a million dollars’ worth of cocaine and methamphetamine.

Most of the marijuana was found in an abandoned stash house, resulting in no arrests, while most of the other drugs were found inside vehicles stopped by law enforcement.

The report also revealed Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens routinely encountered illegal immigrants and gang members, and detained hundreds to be turned over to Border Patrol agents. One reported being hit in the head with a rock while trying to seize a raft used to ferry illegal immigrants across the river. “A Game Warden attempted to seize a raft and was assaulted on the head with a rock that was thrown from the MX river bank,” the report reads. “The subject surrounded himself with children to avoid counter measures. Wardens patrolling the river heard approximately 15 rds of automatic gunfire in MX. A total of 55 IAs were detained,” the report says. 

Game wardens also reported seeing people wearing black uniforms and armed with rifles on the Mexican side of the river, and they said gunshots from automatic weapons were heard throughout the night on at least four different occasions.

Last week FoxNews.com reported that Border Patrol agents patrolling the Rincon Peninsula, south of Mission, Texas, and across the river from Reynosa, Mexico, had been forced to run for cover when rounds of .50 caliber gunfire were shot from the Mexican side to the U.S. side of the Rio Grande. Without any protection from such high-caliber rounds, the agents were forced to hide until the barrage stopped. Federal and state sources who work in the area said they believe the gunfire continued for about 15 minutes.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/20...mbling-on-rio/

“This happens all the time. We’re out on the border, often we are alone, and all you hear is gunfire,” a Border Patrol agent working an overnight shift along the Rio Grande said last week.

“We are sitting ducks, and it’s only getting worse. Every night, it gets worse.”

Sources interviewed on the border in recent weeks echoed his statement and said they believe the real situation along the border is not being told. All asked that their names not be revealed, due to strict orders not to speak with the media. FoxNews.com has confirmed that senior Border Patrol officials have sent out memos to employees warning them that they can be fired for speaking to reporters.

On July 16, game wardens found a floating body at the Hidalgo County Pump Station. The body of a child was found floating in the river the previous week, too, sources told FoxNews.com.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF FOXNEWS.COM’S REPORTING FROM THE BORDER

The Border Security Operations Center report also includes encounters with gang members and cartel gunmen during the same week, including:

- The Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office arrested 32 members of gangs that included the Valluco, Texas Chicano Brothers, Sureño 13, Texas Syndicate, Tango Blast and Latin Kings.

- U.S. Border Patrol agents detained a dozen suspected gang members trying to cross the border, including alleged members of the infamous Salvadoran gang MS-13.

- A homeowner called Rio Grande City police to report three men who said they’d crossed into the U.S. were at her door asking for water. When cops arrived, one admitted to being an active MS-13 gang member.

- Two Edinburg, Texas, officers were shot and wounded by a Texas Syndicate gang member wanted for murder during a multiagency, hours-long standoff in La Joya.

- American reporters were threatened by rifle-toting smugglers from across the river.

- Dozens of photos and mugshots of illegal immigrants – some of them juveniles – proudly displaying gang-related tattoos.

The report also notes significant events in Mexico. A section included reports of mass graves found; an oil pipeline explosion likely due to illegal siphoning; cartel extortion of migrants heading toward the U.S. border, imposing tolls on all those who use the highways; and the murders of Mexican law enforcement agents.

Also of note: Salvadorans riding a train called “The Beast” to the U.S. border reportedly told authorities they had been told to take the long way into America – through New Mexico, not Texas, which is the far more direct route – because they had heard that Texas Gov. Rick Perry was sending 1,000 National Guardsmen down to help secure the border.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/31...gainst-border/</blockquote>

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
the system AINT working
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:32 AM »
Az sheriff: My officers have arrested people deported '12, 15 times'      <blockquote>http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...ed-12-15-Times

Pinal County, AZ Sheriff Paul Babeu reported that his officers have arrested individuals who have already been deported “12, 15 times,” and said the U.S. immigration system has become a “revolving door.”

“It appears there is no law when it comes to immigration, the president has undermined the law” Babeu stated on Saturday’s “Justice with Judge Jeanine” on the Fox News Channel. And, “We turn them back to the Border Patrol, what essentially happens, they’re sent back there are no consequences when it comes to the immigration, and that's where it really has become a revolving door ... and then they're ready to try the next day.”

He also argued that there is a possibility that terrorist groups like ISIS could exploit the southern border to gain entry into the US.

Babeu concluded “we should take these 60,000 unaccompanied juveniles and send them back to their country of origin, reunite them with their families. Because if we don't do this, it's going to happen again. There's going to be another 90,000, and anybody who thinks that these kids are going anywhere, the intent of this president, think again.” And, “The House has been doing a good job fighting and stopping bad legislation.” </blockquote>

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
open border
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »

Sent:                August-14-14 9:01:51 AM
                To:                                )
      http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/osamas-bin-crossin/3729013324001

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »
Good video makes the point very well. It is much harder for a law abiding American to get into Canada than it is for a terrorist to enter the USA unchallenged over the Mexican border. It also shows how the US administration is absolutely lying about the true situation. Scandalous!
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
correction... lying about everything. there is snot even a smidgeon of belief left