Author Topic: A Very Wet Spring  (Read 2560 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
A Very Wet Spring
« on: June 03, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
Well “climate change” seems to be the new phrase replacing to some extent the overused phrase “global warming”.  We have had an exceptionally wet spring in Northern Ontario. Along with the rain we have had wildly fluctuation temperatures. It is all a result of the position of the current position of the ever shifting jet streams.

It seems that Europe is having the same problem this year. The BBC just reported that it has been the wettest spring in 150 years!
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline WildernessReturn

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
    • My Wilderness Return Blog
Re: A Very Wet Spring
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
I have always used the term Climate Change
Now is the Hour of our Discontent !
no big swirly siggys' here! !!
http://wildernessreturn.wordpress.com/

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
I am up in the air about all of this climate change stuff, as with our economy it seems to boom and bust. where I live and have lived,all the old boys say "This is nuthin you shoulda bin here back in the 50's and 60's why it rain non stop for months...." and weather has only been recorded in modern times, the rest has all been based on assumptions,or outright corporate self serving interests.But yes agreed, it is damn wet out there.Time to play in the mud
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Gravlore

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
The earth will survive. To say 'do it for the planet' is stupid at best. If we covered the earth in Acetone it would survive... but we wouldn't. Pet peeve I guess. I like living green because it is usually cheaper. Things are a bit funky for the climate and whether it is our fault or not is up to us as individuals to decide. If you believe it is man made then perhaps do not buy a vehicle of any kind, use chemical fertilizers, use anything with plastics or what have you.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »
Back in the 70’s and early 80’s we always used to get a week between Christmas and New Year when it was guaranteed to be -40°C not any more. Over the last ten years our winter has been one month shorter. Over the last five years two months shorter with the exception of this year. Back in the mid 60’s the area where I live now was flooded.  Weather patterns are extremely complex and change over time. We only live for a very short time so that and perceived changes in the weather seem extreme to us. As you say special interest groups are quick to jump on these to promote their cause. Long term trends do show change. So should we be worried. I always keep at the back of my mind that a mere 10,000 years ago the area where I live was covered with an ice sheet a mile thick. Thinking about that I don’t think our current weather is half bad even though it is a little unpredictable.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
As the locals say "If you don't like the weather now...wait ten minutes" Albertan wisdom I guess.
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
Raining like mad out here, sump pump is working overtime. Now theyre saying that it might snow again...come on give it a rest already
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Online tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
Climate change has become big business.  It doesn't matter what the cause, be it a natural cycle or mostly caused by humans.  The earth will always go through these climate cycles.  The difference now, is big business.  With the fundraising, carbon taxes, special interest groups and research that has come about due to the changing weather, it has become a huge industry. 
If suddenly the weather moderated and became regular as clockwork, the big businesses of climate change would still run around crying that the sky is falling.  In order to stay in business, they would have to warn us that the weather is too predictable and therefore, something is wrong and they need our money.
The business of climate change has become like the business of cancer, they will never find a cure, so they will always need to con people out of their money to search for it.

And yes, I do know that cancer can be cured but, since more people now make a living from cancer than there are people dying from it, they will never find the cure.  (Big business)
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline TheLanarchist

• Contributer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »
I,m in Eastern Ontario, and we had the driest spring yet. No flooding of river except for the normal parts. All the snow has melted, just a bit snow still in the bush.  Basted on other years to compare, its been a normal winter normal snow amounts, normal melting. We are getting some much needed rain today.
And if we can ever get enough people informed about this military doing the  on going world wide chemtrail spraying of Earth, and stop the SOB's we might have Earth reset itself.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more,  so that we may fear less.
Mari Curie
now lets kick some GMO, chemtrail butts.

Gravlore

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 01:13:52 AM »
More rain in 2 days than we had for 6 months last year. Caught about 1500 gallons off the roof ( 3 months+ worth in our home) and we are 'pumped' to be blasting through everything and everything in the laundry department (seasonal clothes and all comforters). It also makes grading and moving dirt really easy (about 300 cubic yards this week). For the next while I say, 'brrinnggg it on'!

I even showered without turning off the water to lather up...yeah that's living large!

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
so much rain here and lotsa STRANGE weather.. from sudden tstorms to torential rains.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Gravlore

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
Climate change is explained to a layman terms in the latest episode of "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/05/cosmos-tyson-drake-equation-climate-change