Author Topic: Seeking Preppers in Southern Ontario.  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Jensen

• Contributer
Seeking Preppers in Southern Ontario.
« on: June 06, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
I would like to team up with some local preppers in the Hamilton and Niagara area with the purpose of forming a group of preppers who will come up with the best plan of action in case of with a plan of what to do in case of shtf. The idea is NOT to buy a piece of land up north somewhere and live a sustainable life. I agree that would be the ideal scenario. But lets try and be realistic about what we can do today should shtf hit next week. Most of us have jobs that will tie us into certain locations which we cannot change and some of us have lives built around normal activities which our families require to function. Prepping is what sets us aside from our neighbours. If it was not for prepping we would be like any other family. So we will look at what is the best options for us and what do we need to organise as a group to ensure optimal conditions and what skills do we need or have already in the group. Stay realistic and stay focused.

We are all prepping so why not seek out likeminded people for mutual support and security. It might just give us all a better chance of survival in shtf.

We will organise a few meets locally to hold loose talks and find out who has the right fits. This is not about who has the most preps, who has been a soldier, who has been a prepper for the longest etc. There will be no judging. We all start somewhere and a group needs dynamic and variety. The single criteria is fit. If you are unable to talk to us when we meet, your habits are annoying, you are unable to participate in a discussion without belittling others or you judge others by your own perceived standards then you are probably not the right fit. If we have to live together in a shtf situation we need to have some likeness towards each other in the group :).

Once we think we have the basis for a group we will develop the group as we go forward and we will prep according to established group needs. So the emphasis in this group will be on prepping and pre storing items for immediate survival of a shtf situation and for long term survival. Strength in numbers for security. Together we will determine the best course of action and preps to have on hand based on our current situations. Activities would be planning meetings, sports shooting at the range, theoretical lessons, practical lessons in different skills that needs to be trained or cross trained and maybe a weekend or two a year to get away and camp out with some fun activities. So expect some commitment in activities but with the tie in that if you are unable to participate that's okay. We all need to live our normal lives. Prepping is NOT a way of life its an insurance for us. It just so happens that most of my interest are applicable in a shtf situation :).

So if you are interested and think you could benefit from a group of likeminded people, or you maybe have something to offer in terms of plan of action in case of shtf or you are simply a prepper in the area who is interested in teaming up with others in a shtf situation then send me a PM and we will try and organise a local shtf group.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: Seeking Preppers in Southern Ontario.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
Jensen,

Way to take the bull by the horns!!

I hope you are able to get a group of like-minded folks in your area, to come together and build a team.

You can try a coffee meet & greet at a neutral location in your area. And see who shows up. Our little team started with a parking lot meeting (no coffee) in a small town away from the city. Only five or six folks showed up. Everyone looking for the tinfoil hats, LOL. A few years later and those who took the risk of seeking others have a network of contacts all around the area. Hard to say which way things will go in the future. But each person has learned something from everyone, thus everyone has improved their skills and knowledge.

All the best,

Mountainman.

Offline Jensen

• Contributer
Re: Seeking Preppers in Southern Ontario.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Why thanks Mountainman :).

Just think its important that when we all prep independently (well most of us anyways) that we establish a group now with an established  plan so if shtf tomorrow I know where to go and what to bring and that I will be part of a group that I know have spent some time with and have learned from and with.

I will arrange meet and greet at public spots as per your suggestion as I think the fit and motivation is the main ingredient and we will quickly see that coming out at a social meet. In fact all meets and even training meets I can arrange off site so no one never has to reveal anything until they feel comfortable doing so. Its okay to be safe and there is NO reason to invite people home to show off your preps for security and to not demotivate new preppers.

Jensen