Author Topic: DISCOUNT FEES AND FEDERAL PERMITS FOR THE DISABLED IN THE USA  (Read 1006 times)

Offline iamusul

• VIP
DISCOUNT FEES AND FEDERAL PERMITS FOR THE DISABLED IN THE USA
[size=78%]http://cubey.illiop.com/rv/disabled_discounts.shtml[/size]
[/size]National Park Service (Federal Parks & Land)[/size]The U.S. National Park System (NPS), Corps of Engineers (CoE), Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and a few other Federally managed land agencies offer discounted ees for entrance, camping and other activities for patrons who are disabled if they meet the critera for receiving the discount. [/size]The National Park Service has a FREE card they have dubbed "America the Beautiful" ("ATB") for the disabled. The former card for the disabled is known as "Golden Access Passport" which has been discontinued in favor of the new card, but Golden Access Cards are still accepted for as long as you have the card. If you lose it, you must get a new "ATB" card. The card provides a 50% discount on nearly all services available (camping, swimming, boat launching, etc). The card must be obtained in person at the nearest designated office that issues them. Note: Corps of Engineers offices are not authorized to issue the ATB card as was the case with "Golden Access Passport" due to whatever forms of buracracy that came into play with the ATB card program. Now you must find a certain office that issues them. If in doubt where to go, call your nearest National or CoE park and ask where the nearest office issuing ATB cards for the disabled is relative to your location. I drove all the way out to the local CoE park where I got my "Golden Access" card because I thought I *had* to exchange it for an ATB one (mistake on my part for misunderstanding). Turns out they no longer can issue any pass cards at all anymore. All they can do is direct you elsewhere so save your gas, don't bother going to a CoE park to obtain a ATB card. You must provide a letter from Social Security, a written note from your doctor or another source of proof of your disability. Most state park systems do NOT accept this card with the exception of a few which I will explain in the state information section to follow. You can find more in-depth information about this free card at the following address: http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE A STATE BY STATE LIST OF DISCOUNTS OF ATTRACTIONS. (STATE PARKS)