Author Topic: Recent business with "The Sportsmans" Guide"  (Read 1815 times)

Offline iamusul

• VIP
Recent business with "The Sportsmans" Guide"
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/Main.aspx?

I have been buying small prep orders for the last couple of years, however I made a
larger(to me) buy this week.

I have found that the articles for sale were accurately described, and fairly priced.
They have a total number of divisions, a truck and 4 wheel catalog, a
shooting  catalog which had a good supply of ammunition, and another
which offers camping and outdoors supplies.

Their delivery was very fast, only 2 days.I would recommend them as a source of goods.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: Recent business with "The Sportsmans" Guide"
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Thanks iamusul.

Folks need to know who is good to deal with and who is not.

I, too, have dealt with The Sportsman's Guide for the past couple of years and have found them to be good to buy from. With the low Canadian dollar it may be awhile before I am making any orders from the South.

Mountainman.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »
I have received another order. All is still well.

Is anyone else familiar with I.T.A.R., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations ??

It is a pain in our collective arses....to illustrate how absurd ITAR is. In my last order I tried to order cleaning kits. These were the older A.L.I.C.E style m-16 cleaning kits. Multi-section cleaning rod, chamber brush, slotted jag, bottle for oil, m-16 style cleaning brush and a fabric pouch with A.L.I.C.E. clips. Two kits for $17. Great deal! But due to ITAR these are gun parts and cannot be shipped out of the US of A. Frustrating. I thought we had NAFTA to promote commerce between citizens and businesses of Canada, USA and Mexico?? Once I removed the offending cleaning kits, my order was processed and shipped in quick order.

I like The Sportsman's Guide, they have great deals. However, TPTB are using idiotic laws like ITAR out of context of their original intent, IMHO.

However, if you are a resourceful shopper you will be able to find deals out there.

Cheers,

Mountainman.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 06:22:28 AM »
ask them which part of the gun can you add them to, to make it go BOOM. sure would save on ammo.  sarc
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most