Author Topic: another ruby ridge?  (Read 8239 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Re: another ruby ridge?
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:41 AM »
No surprise there, he actually probably believes it.  It just shows how out of touch with reality he is.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
its all for the tortoise. o wait
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
But federal funds are running dry at the Las Vegas Valley
facility, and rather than release the animals, officials plan to
euthanize about half of the 1,400 tortoises. The 220-acre
facility will shut its doors in 2014, and the tortoises deemed
feeble to survive in the wild will be set free...
-------------------
The Bureau of Land Management currently funds the conservation
and research center with fees inflicted on those who disturb
tortoise habitats. During the housing boom in the early 2000s,
the conservation center had plenty of cash, since developers were
frequently fined for disturbing such habitats. But since the
recession, the BLM has struggled to meet its annual $1 million
budget.

Over the past 11 months, the BLM has only accumulated $290,000 in
federal mitigation fees that developers are forced to pay.

“With the money going down and more and more tortoises coming
in, it never would have added up,” BLM spokeswoman Hillerie
Patton told AP.

But federal funds are running dry at the Las Vegas Valley
facility, and rather than release the animals, officials plan to
euthanize about half of the 1,400 tortoises. The 220-acre
facility will shut its doors in 2014, and the tortoises deemed
feeble to survive in the wild will be set free...

http://www.dailypaul.com/316447/desert-t...da-by-2014
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2014, 06:42:45 AM »
 the john galt show last nite mentioned that things were heating up again at bundy ranch and that about twice the number of folks were there from last weekend

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
sheriff de meo speaks
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2014, 06:51:37 AM »
To know your future, you must know your past,
each stepping stone that has been cast.
Remember the good, as well as the bad,
and feel the emotions of happy and sad.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEKB8pU2Tw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpOT7wR-wU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2lVI6gzsVM

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 11159066
United States
04/19/2014 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The constitutional sheriff Tony DeMeo - Don't let it happen to Bundy Ranch

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
wheres PETA?
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 07:47:05 AM »
Quote: Apr 18, 2014

In our continuing coverage of the events at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada we bring you the latest from Senator Harry Reid who is calling supporters of the Bundy family "domestic terrorists." and referred to the Bundy family as "un-American" for not submitting to federal demands.

After a tense standoff between federal authorities and armed citizens at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada, government forces backed down. The Bureau of Land Management announced they withdrew from the area due to concerns about safety. The retreat was so hasty, many pieces of equipment were left behind on the field.

Referring to the armed citizens, Reid said, "They're nothing more than domestic terrorists. I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism."

The federal government claims the Bundys owe more than a million dollars in unpaid grazing fees. The rancher said his family has worked the land for generations. The BLM revoked his permit to graze the lands, claiming a danger to species of tortoise even while the BLM euthanized over 1000 tortices.

Despite this, animals and cattle belonging to the rancher met gristly deaths at the hands of the federal authorities. Around 40 head of cattle were found dead in areas held by federal authorities before their withdrawal. The slaughtered animals were found in a mass grave, quickly dug with a backhoe.

Many show evidence of having been killed by gunmen in helicopters. Several animals, fatally wounded by federal authorities, were left to suffer and die in the hot sun. BLM agents say the slaughter of animals in the field were "mercy killings." Tracks in the dirt are consistent with those of healthy animals, running in a panic.

Federal officials in helicopters herded surviving cattle into makeshift pens, imprisoning the animals in horrific conditions. Some cattle died from dehydration and stress while in the cattle camps.

Natural News, run by Mike Adams the "Health Ranger," is describing federal actions in Nevada as "horrific atrocities against cattle."

Michele Fiore, a Nevada assemblywoman, personally helped save one calf, born moments before becoming separated from her mother during the massacre.

In addition to atrocities against livestock, human protesters were victims of stun gun attacks and were threatened by federal officials commanding attack dogs.

Nevada Senator harry Reid has told the public that federal efforts against the Bundy family are not yet over.

While we've now heard Reid's statements on the referring to peaceful protesters as Domestic Terrorists we're awaiting Animal Rights groups to declare the same of the BLM for their treatment of Bundy's free range cattle.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
the harry reid we seldom see..
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:53 AM »
Harry: Money, Mob & Influence In Harry Reid's Nevada   

Daxton Brown(Author)

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's connections to money, mob and influence in Nevada going back fifty years (fourth edition). Revelations from Reid's first campaign manager and others paints a picture of a politician taking money on the side. Most shocking is the polygraph backed claim that Harry Reid took unreported donations from pimp Joe Conforte of the Mustang Ranch brothel in the years leading up to Reid's time on the Nevada Gaming Commission. Conforte's links to mob figures like Jimmy 'the Weasel' Fratianno and Johnny Simone mean the mob knew Reid was on the take. Also disturbing are accounts of Reid's long friendship with a lawyer to many of the most notorious strip clubs in Las Vegas - some of whose owners just did jail time for bribery and were Reid's political proteges. Oscar Goodman, Las Vegas Mayor and lawyer to the mob also enters the picture. Sweetheart treatment of land developers, the G-Sting scandal, fat cat campaign contributors and more taint the record of Senator Reid, one of the most powerful politicians in the U.S. and therefore the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Money-Influe...1450584322

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
It is not over yet , just postponed. Government will do whatever they set up to do. The whole government take over started long time ago and will continue until complete. Makes no different democrats or republicans , the goal is the same : COMPLETE CONTROL of all people by small and powerful group. Most of people already accepted it , as long as they have sports, video games, drugs and free handouts they are happy.
Henry

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »
It is not over yet , just postponed. Government will do whatever they set up to do. The whole government take over started long time ago and will continue until complete. Makes no different democrats or republicans , the goal is the same : COMPLETE CONTROL of all people by small and powerful group. Most of people already accepted it , as long as they have sports, video games, drugs and free handouts they are happy.
Henry

And as long as they live in fear...That is the greatest weapon that these elitist doucebags have. Fear of being labelled, fear of speaking your mind, fear of not keeping up appearances...just plain old fear.
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
more reid speak
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 07:42:47 AM »
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/22/reid-something-will-happen-to-stop-nevada-rancher-cliven-bundy/
it seems that politicians dont like the spotlight being shone on them. at first i thought this would drag on in perpetuity, but now I think the politicos want the peoiples' gaze AWAY from them, so they will instigate something.
many things cannot stand scrutiny.. one of the biggest is ..politics/politicians.

Offline tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »
I remember seeing an agenda 21 map of the U.S. which showed areas where humans won't be allowed.  I wonder how many of the ranches and farms being targeted by the feds are in those areas.  At any rate, it seems that the Obama administration is finding the line in the sand with the American people.
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:34 PM »
If they went with that map there would have to shed a lot of their population because there would be no land left to feed them!
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
If they went with that map there would have to shed a lot of their population because there would be no land left to feed them!

In the end isn't that the plan?
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »

In the end isn't that the plan?

Google the Georgia guidestones, for the ten commandments of the new world order
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »
bundy speaks to the press and this is where the press got the statements about racism

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/46646946

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
meanwhile.. the left hand is.............
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Commissioners issued a cease, desist letter to the US Forest Service      <blockquote>http://www.alamogordonews.com/alamog...forest-service

Commissioners issued a cease, desist letter to the US Forest Service

Commissioners claims Forest Service is fencing off water resources for ranchers

By Janessa Maxilom

jmaxilom@alamogordonews.com @janessa_speaks on Twitter

Posted:   04/25/2014 09:07:12 PM MDT

Otero County Commissioners issued a cease and desist illegal fencing activities letter to the U.S. Forest Service Friday.

During an emergency meeting, District 3 Commissioner Ronny Rardin said Otero County Sheriff Benny House recently made the county aware of USFS potentially illegal fencing activities.

House said ranchers in the mountains have had issues with the Forest Service fences blocking their cattle from reaching areas that contain water.

He said he reached out the commission on behalf of the ranchers because he was concerned with the legality of the situation.

Looking into the situation the commission decided that current USFS fencing appears to be encroachment on private property.

After deciding the fencing could be deemed as illegal fencing the county issued a statement to Lincoln National Forest Supervisor Travis Moseley, "It has come to the Otero County Commission's attention that your personnel are actively interfering with our citizens' private property rights. We understand from Sheriff House and our constituents that your personnel are building enclosure fences around water sources and 'riparian areas.'"

The letter goes on to state that the USFS dose not possess a water right that would allow their behavior and that such water rights are the property of the person that is grazing cattle. The letter also stated that it is illegal for the USFS to attempt to exclude cattle from access to water.

"This amounts to nothing short of criminal trespass by your personnel, potential animal cruelty and several other violations of state criminal or civil law," the commission stated in the letter. "Otero County respectfully demands that the USFS immediately cease and desist from all such activities. We respectfully encourage USFS to take a step back and respect private property rights and state law which the USFS has thus far failed to consider."

Moseley attended the meeting and responded by saying he focuses on land management and sustainability.

"My focus tends to be — and I ask my rangers to be focused on — land management," Moseley said. "When it comes to livestock grazing it's about water availability, it's good distribution, it's proper utilization and it's those things that we look to for long term sustainability of those resources. That's paramount."

Moseley said the reason the fences were placed is to manage riparian areas for very specific objectives and one reason is to maintain a healthy hydrological system.

LNF Sacramento District Ranger James Duran said the fencing has been done to preserve the Agua Chiquita riparian area.

Duran said the Forest Service is also currently focused on taking measures to protect the New Mexico Meadow Jumping Mouse.

"Fish and Wildlife Services are preparing to list the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse," Duran said. "With the meadow mouse listing, what we've been told is they do plan to move forward in June of 2014 to list that as an endangered species. Once a species is listed as an endangered species it's protected. Federally protected. We have to abide by that."

Duran said USFS is trying to get ahead of the situation and to protect riparian areas where the mice are known to reside.

"I think we're doing a pretty decent job of managing them and these fences that we're putting into them will only allow for management to be more sustainable and more affective," Duran said.

He said he felt it would be a good idea to get the Fish and Wildlife Service involved in the conversation so they could inform everyone about the importance of protecting the specie.

Duran said he would personally reach out to Fish and Wildlife to set aside time for them to educate the county and its citizens about the animal.

"I guess we need to put the cattle on the endangered species list so you guys can work diligently to protect them," Rardin said. "When you say it's about the mouse It's so obvious to me the environmental movement is to stop and get the cattle off the land."

Rardin said the issue was about water rights and that citizens of the state had rights to the water sources the Forest Service has fenced up.

Duran and Moseley explained that USFS is simply carrying out mandated orders to preserve the land.

"What we need to do is stop the action right now and bring all the players to the table and I mean all the players, not just you guys," District 2 Commissioner Susan Flores said. "It's not coming from you. You're being told what to do. We need to have a public hearing."

Moseley said the way private property and water rights are interpreted is something that needs to be looked into.

Moseley maintained that all the fences that were built were on federal land the Forest Service manages. He added that he was willing to collaborate with the commission to find common ground and get the situation resolved.

The ranchers have private water use rights for their cattle established under state law long before the forests were created. They also have rights of way granted by the federal government under RS2477. They have associated forage rights to these two rights.

These heritage ranches were created on the age old western system where cattle was turned out in the mountains during the summer so that home grass in the pastures could be harvested for use in winter.  The grazing allotment is usually tied to a specific ranch, is taxable by the IRS and is sold as part of the ranch's value. The grazers pay possessory interest tax to the state and county. The fee that they pay for lease of forage is small because they already exclusively own the water use rights, the forage is generally very sparse, cattle is killed by the wild varmits and may require riders to manage.

The enviros have wanted the western cattlemen off the land for decades. (Cattle free by '93.) They harass grazers, try and coopt their allotments, and use the Endangered Species Act to shut down their private water supply. The USFS and BLM has cut grazing opportunities way down and has put their NEPA review on a slow boat.

"Public land" grazing is an important part of our food supply. Usually, the land is of such poor quality that it is not otherwise suitable for crops. There is usually not additional private land available to replace the public land for grazing opportunities as it is already in use or of too high a value. The national beef herd has sharply declined over the past decade. [The January 1, 2014, total cow inventory declined by 1 percent year over year.  Except for 2004-6, the January 2014 inventory represents the 16th year of decline since cow inventories began their drought-induced drop from the 1996 inventory peak. http://www.ers.usda.gov/ersDownloadH...24/ldpm236.pdf ]

Getting grazers off federal land is a strategy to improve the current split estate title that exists (broken bundle of sticks) and makes the title more suitable for collateral for the national debt.</blockquote>

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
nuther protest about BLM policies..
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2014, 08:10:05 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-protesters-ride-off-limits-canyon-215140976.html

altho it says it is separate but "in line  with" bundys fight, The face in the pic is (looks like) bundys son, ryan.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
more fed heavy handedness. all for a mouse
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2014, 07:32:12 AM »
Feds rile ranchers by fencing off water for cattle — to protect a jumping mouse!      <blockquote>Forest Service says it’s mouse habitat

By Valerie Richardson
The Washington Times
Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Obama administration’s crackdown on Western land use has sparked a furor over the Forest Service’s decision to fence off a creek used by thirsty cattle in drought-stricken Otero County, New Mexico.

The Otero County Commission is scheduled to meet Monday to discuss whether to order the sheriff to open the gates against the wishes of Forest Service officials, who have argued that the fence is needed to protect the Agua Chiquita riparian area and habitat for the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse.

Otero County Sheriff Benny House said he worries that the increasingly tense situation could erupt into a Nevada-style melee between ranchers and federal agents.

“What’s going to happen here is that we could end up with a Bundy situation,” said Sheriff House, referring to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s standoff with the Bureau of Land Management. “Hopefully, we can resolve it without it getting out of hand.”

In another display of unrest in the West over federal land policy, about 50 people drove all-terrain vehicles Saturday into Recapture Canyon in southern Utah, an area managed by the Bureau of Land Management that is off limits to motorized vehicles. Hundreds more attended a protest at a nearby park.

Juan Palma, Bureau of Land Management Utah state director, said in a statement that the agency would “pursue all available redress through the legal system to hold the lawbreakers accountable.”

He said the area is the site of ancient Indian archaeological artifacts and dwellings.

Although Bundy ranch comparisons are inevitable, one key distinction is that the Otero County ranchers, unlike Mr. Bundy, haven’t broken any laws. They own the rights to the water under New Mexico law, but the creek is within the federally owned forest.

“The Forest Service is coming in and saying, ‘We’re in charge of the water and the water is part of the forest,’” said Sheriff House. “It’s a control issue, and they’re trying to push the rancher out. They’re using every excuse in the book. One area is a riparian area. One area is critical habitat. One area might be for endangered species.”

At a May 5 board meeting, Forest Supervisor Travis Moseley told the commissioners that Agriculture Department counsel assured him that the Forest Service’s actions in the Lincoln National Forest were on “sound legal footing.”

District ranger James Duran said the Forest Service is taking steps to protect habitat for the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse, which was proposed for listing as an endangered species in June 2013 after a 251-species settlement in 2011 between the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and WildEarth Guardians.

“Fish and Wildlife Services are preparing to list the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse,” Mr. Duran told the Alamogordo Daily News. “With the meadow mouse listing, what we’ve been told is they do plan to move forward in June of 2014 to list that as an endangered species. Once a species is listed as an endangered species it’s protected. Federally protected. We have to abide by that.”

Two weeks ago, the Otero County Commission issued a cease-and-desist letter to the Forest Service, saying the fence “amounts to nothing short of criminal trespass by your personnel, potential animal cruelty and several other violations of state criminal or civil law.”

The agency replaced a barbed-wire fence with a 3-foot pipe fence that elk and deer, but not cattle, can jump over. Hundreds of elk, deer and feral hogs are still able to drink from the creek.

Mr. Moseley said the Forest Service created an opening in the fence for cattle, but Albuquerque lawyer Blair Dunn, who represents the county on the issue, said, “It’s really a needle in a haystack for the cows to figure out how to get into the 10-foot space.”

The Forest Service fence runs along the county line on the side of a mountain, which ranchers say creates a dangerous situation for cattle and motorists.

“So when the cows come down off the hill, they’re hitting the road and then they can’t get out of the way,” said Mr. Dunn. “People travel up and down that road, and there have been instances where cows get hit, people get property damage and injured by the fact that they’ve basically bottlenecked these cows onto a road.”

The Forest Service used to open the gates routinely to allow the cattle access to the creek, but critics say agency has become increasingly rigid in its dealings with the ranching community throughout the rural West.

“It’s not just the Forest Service,” said Mr. Dunn. “Since the beginning of the year on a lot of issues — Endangered Species Act issues, federal land-management issues, easements and use of federally controlled property — we’ve seen federal agencies become extremely defiant toward any sort of local input and extremely adverse to allowing people to continue to use things they’ve used in some instances for 100 years.”

He said there is speculation that John Podesta, who became White House senior counsel in December, initiated the tougher policies. A former head of the left-wing Center for American Progress, Mr. Podesta is known as a staunch environmentalist and hard-liner on climate change.

Local Forest Service employees have acknowledged that their orders are coming from Washington, Mr. Dunn said.

“The guys on the ground, the ones that we’re dealing with day to day, generally tend to be people that understand,” said Mr. Dunn. “Where we run into that rub is when the local person says, ‘If it were up to me, I’d be really happy to help you out, but D.C. is saying no, we have to do it this way, and I don’t have a choice.’ And they’re unable to cooperate at all now, because they’ve been told, ‘Don’t.’”

With summer fast approaching and no end to the drought in sight, ranchers worry that the cattle may not survive if they can’t find water.

Rancher Judyann Holcomb Medeiros, in testimony last week before the commission, said the Forest Service fence was “unfairly discriminatory against our water rights.”

“I love the land. It’s a wonderful place, and we take care of it and protect it, but it’s very detrimental to have our cattle fenced off water when we have a right to it,” Ms. Medeiros said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz31YJuqOVc
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter</blockquote>

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper