Author Topic: Is THIS the mythical chupacabra?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline iamusul

• VIP
Is THIS the mythical chupacabra?
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595472/Is-mythical-chupacabra-Texas-family-finds-mysterious-hairless-creature-prowling-yard.html

MORE AT LINK ABOVE: MANY PHOTOS AT ORIGINAL SOURCE

Is THIS the mythical chupacabra? Texas family finds mysterious hairless creature prowling through their yardA man in Ratcliffe, Texas has caught a smallish, black critter that he believes is the legendary beast[/font][/size]
  • The story of El Chupacabra began in Puerto Rico when farmers found their goats dead and drained of all their blood
  • While Jackie Stock and her husband Bubba think they've bagged the mythical animal, some believe they have a raccoon with mange
  • By JOSHUA GARDNERPUBLISHED: 15:01 EST, 2 April 2014 | UPDATED: 17:05 EST, 2 April 2014

7 shares218
    View
    comments
    [/color][/font][/size]A Texas couple believe they've captured the legendary 'goat sucker' beast el chupacabra.[/font]
    [/size]Jackie Stock and her husband Bubba discovered the hairless, growling creature eating corn outside their Ratcliffe home on Sunday and decided it could be but one thing.
    [/size]'He called me to come and look, and I said "Bubba that looks like a baby chupacabra,”' Stock said.
    [/size]Scroll down for video
    [/size]Indeed, the animal is not very large--perhaps the size of a house cat.
    [/size]But its wrinkly black skin and bulbous eyes still lend it a look of menace.

[/size]The couple have kept the thing in a cage and have been feeding it and making sure it has water to drink.
    [/size]

[/size]
    [/size]They've also given friends and neighbors the opportunity to come take a peek.

[/size]Neighbor Arlen Parma spoke from experience when he concluded it's likely the blood sucking chupacabra.
    [/size]'I hunted coons for 20 years with dogs and I ain’t ever seen anything that looks like that right there,' Parma told KAVU.
    [/size]
    [/size]
    [/li][/list]

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
    • Pro Prepper
    • Husky Dog
      • Preparing For The Future
    Re: Is THIS the mythical chupacabra?
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »
    Identifying animals that are outside our usual realm acquaintance can always be problematic.  I live in Northern Ontario.  Many years ago I was travelling in the winter on a deserted stretch of highway it was getting dark and it was snowing so I was not driving at my usual speed. Off a high rock cut on the opposite side of the road ahead a large animal leaped across the road. It almost reached the other side but it landed in path so I had to slow down to a stop in a hurry. It was black had an extremely long tail and was large, at least 4 feet long sans tail and 2 plus feet high. It was a cat! It was a black mountain lion. When I told people what I had seen I would have to say at the very least nobody believed me. Some did condescendingly say “well I suppose it could have escaped from a zoo”.

Many years afterward I had the opportunity to get know some members of our local aboriginal group. To my surprise they told me unprompted  of frequent sightings over the years of mountain lions and how these sightings had been dismissed by local ”experts” from the Ministry of Natural Resources.   I knew what I had seen while local biologists said they were nowhere even close near our area.

So all I would can say is could it really be what has been said to sighted over the years? Mythical or not? Could it be a hoax, Could it simply be a case of mistaken identity? Sure it could. It could be all of those possibilities be we don’t know as much as we think we know and so called experts apparently know a lot less.
    It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
    http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline Lochlin

• Contributer
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
    western society aka white society go by and swear by the old standby if you can't see it, hear it, smell it, touch it... it don't exist. I know my brothers and I received some condescending looks and comments when we told people of seeing lynx and bobcat while out on the trap line. The old timers tell us there was quite a population of them once upon a time but there hadn't bee sightings in years. Can't put nothing in a closed mind icrcc so don't worry about it

Offline iamusul

• VIP
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
    After a few days, the people who trapped the animal in question were convinced by
    the County Game Officer that it was a raccoon with mange and had it euthanized.
    [size=78%] [/size]