Author Topic: Green Guru On Climate Change: They Are Just Guessing, No One Knows If Real  (Read 1669 times)

Offline iamusul

• VIP
http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/04/03/green-guru-james-lovelock-on-climate-change-i-dont-think-anybody-really-knows-whats-happening-they-just-guess-lovelock-reverses-himself-on-global-warming/

Green Guru James Lovelock on Climate Change: ‘I don’t think anybody really knows what’s happening. They just guess’ – Lovelock Reverses Himself on Global Warming
MUCH MORE AT LINK BELOW

Lovelock, on BBC TV, slams the global warming claims including those of of the United Nations climate panel. 'They just guess. And a whole group of them meet together and encourage each other’s guesses.'

Lovelock was once one of the leading voices of climate alarm. See: 2006 Climate Shocker: Lovelock Predicted Global Warming Doom: 'Billions of us will die; few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in Arctic'
Fast Forward to April 2012: ‘Gaia’ scientist James Lovelock reverses himself: I was ‘alarmist’ about climate change & so was Gore! ‘The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago’
Lovelock becomes UN IPCC's biggest critic: Green Guru Lovelock Slams UN IPCC & Greens: ‘Whenever UN puts its finger in it seems to become a mess’ — ‘The green religion is now taking over from the Christian religion’ -- James Lovelock: ''IPCC is too politicized & too internalized' -- On Green religion: 'I don't think people have noticed that, but it's got all the sort of terms that religions use. The greens use guilt. You can't win people round by saying they are guilty for putting CO2 in the air'

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotApril 3, 2014 12:43 PM with 181 comments

Green guru and geophysicist James Lovelock, considered one of the pioneering scientists of the 20th century, has officially turned his back on man-made global warming claims and the green movement’s focus on renewable energy. Lovelock conceived the Gaia theory back in the 1970s, describing the Earth’s biosphere as “an active, adaptive control system able to maintain the earth in homeostasis.”
In an April 3, 2014 BBC TV interview, Lovelock has come out swinging at his fellow environmentalists, accusing the new UN IPCC global warming reportof plagiarizing his now retracted climate claims from his 2006 book ‘The Revenge of Gaia.’
“The last IPCC report is very similar to the (now retracted) statements I made in my book about 8 years ago, called The Revenge of Gaia. It’s almost as if they’ve copied it,” Lovelock told BBC Newsnight television program on April 3.
BBC interviewer Jeremy Paxman noted to Lovelock during the April 3 program:  ”Sure. But you then, after publishing these apocalyptic predictions, you then retracted them.”
The newly skeptical Lovelock responded: ”Well, that’s my privilege. You see, I’m an independent scientist. I’m not funded by some government department or commercial body or anything like that. If I make a mistake, then I can go public with it. And you have to, because it is only by making mistakes that you can move ahead.”
Lovelock dismissed the entire basis for global warming concerns in his BBC television interview. “Take this climate matter everybody is thinking about. They all talk, they pass laws, they do things, as if they knew what was happening. I don’t think anybody really knows what’s happening. They just guess. And a whole group of them meet together and encourage each other’s guesses,” Lovelock explained.
A UN Lead Author, Dr. Richard Tol, joined Lovelock this week in slamming the UN and had his name removed from the IPCC report. See: UN IPCC LEAD AUTHOR Dr. Richard Tol rips IPCC: ‘The idea that climate change poses an existential threat to humankind is laughable’
MUCH MORE AT LINK ABOVE

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
There is much discourse about "Global Warming" and possibly its new politically correct term “climate change”.  One thing is for sure of the eons in any particular point on the surface of this beautiful planet that you choose to select the climate has varied much. It has varied often and it has varied to extremes that we can barely imagine.  Don’t get me wrong it is a great bandwagon to get on especially if you are a looking for government funding or to gain some sort of public acceptance.

Yes the climate is changing but in all fairness it has always been in a state of change. Don’t believe me? Look at the geological record. Is it changing quickly and globally at this point? Yes it is. Has this happened before? Yes it has and it has happened many times. I think there is a kind of arrogance incorporated in the argument that some would make that this is predominately a man made change. The forces of nature are far greater than man and far greater than most would consider.

10,000 years ago the ice melted and we moved from a full blown glacial episode into the current interglacial period. Was man the culprit of this dramatic, extensive and planet altering climate change? Hardly! So are we to assume the role as culprits for this climatic transformation? I think not.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Gravlore

What I wonder is the influence that man has had on the environment. Something as small as a small push of a domino can create thousands if not millions of chain reactions. I dont think mans continuing pollution is making things worse, but perhaps just a little of what we have done caused a global reaction such as releasing the methane in the permafrost and now it is self feeding. It is probably too late to change course and the globe will continue to domino its way into another __________ age.

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
There has been no climate change increase in 16 years, according to IPCC, but Al Gore is still making millions promoting gloom and doom. Hundreds of former climate change scientists are now backing away from the IPCC because they are too political, and are making too much money demanding carbon credits, and green projects from every country around the globe, except China, USA, and other heavy polluters. It was all just a big money grab!

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
When in doubt follow the money.

Gravlore

So is the consensus here that humans do not cause climate change?

I think we do to some extent but I do not think Co2 is the culprit. Levels of 400ppm are still low. In order for Co2 to have a real impact my research suggests 600-800ppm. I am not that level of scientist but it is my belief for the information I have read.

I do however think that years of spewing sulfur from diesel and other trash from manufacturing have contributed negatively. Particulate matter in the air from day to day activities also contribute to climate change IMO. China's air quality can not be denied as filthy and causes a sort of climate change to the people living there. I remember pollution being trapped in the mountains when I was in Mission BC and it was horrid. Whether or not I believe in global climate change is one thing, but a local climate change or pollution is something I can see and taste. It is for that reason that I would be an activist for clean energy and production.

Whatever the reasons, no side will agree so I have to prepare for the inevitable. We are frogs in a slow boil.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
There is no doubt that the human species is contributing to climate change. The contention arises when we consider the percentage of that responsibility. We are not 0% responsible and we are not 100% responsible so just pick a number in between that you are comfortable with. It does not mean anyone is right or wrong its just adds somewhat to a feeling of certainty in a situation where there is no certainly and over which as individuals we have no control.

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
There is no doubt that the human species is contributing to climate change. The contention arises when we consider the percentage of that responsibility. We are not 0% responsible and we are not 100% responsible so just pick a number in between that you are comfortable with. It does not mean anyone is right or wrong its just adds somewhat to a feeling of certainty in a situation where there is no certainly and over which as individuals we have no control.

I agree.  No, humans are not the cause.  We are not the centre of the universe with everything revolving around us LOL.  However, I believe that our actions, pollution, etc. is affecting something that is already happening on its own.  There are far more of us than this planet can reasonable support, so our impact on the climate and environment are serious and far-reaching.