Author Topic: WE ARE NOT PREPARED;Dangers of Warming Earth are Immediate  (Read 2465 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Climate Change Dangers Here Now, Will Worsen Many Human Ills, UN Panel Warns

If you think of climate change as a hazard for some far-off polar bears years from now, you're mistaken. That's the message from top climate scientists gathering in Japan this week to assess the impact of global warming.
In fact, they will say, the dangers of a warming Earth are immediate and very human."The polar bear is us," says Patricia Romero Lankao of the federally financed National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., referring to the first species to be listed as threatened by global warming due to melting sea ice.

She will be among the more than 60 scientists in Japan to finish writing a massive and authoritative report on the impacts of global warming. With representatives from about 100 governments at this week's meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, they'll wrap up a summary that tells world leaders how bad the problem is.

The key message from leaked drafts and interviews with the authors and other scientists: The big risks and overall effects of global warming are far more immediate and local than scientists once thought. It's not just about melting ice, threatened animals and plants. It's about the human problems of hunger, disease, drought, flooding, refugees and war, becoming worse.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/climate-change-dangers_n_5019412.html?utm_hp_ref=canada&ir=Canada&utm_hp_ref=canada
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Re: WE ARE NOT PREPARED;Dangers of Warming Earth are Immediate
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:35:54 AM »
The key message from leaked drafts and interviews with the authors and other scientists(quoted from above)

So to get the thruth,thats if global warming is a thruth...then we have to get it from leaked drafts ...why can they not just come out and tell everyone they should get prepared themselves

and this is the binding tool for all the idiocy in economics and disease

When the end is in sight and all hope is lost,humans will do anything to survive

The governments and the 0.01% richie rich of the world do not care about the rest of the 99.9%, so best to prepare for the worst and pray for the best...

and the bottom line is...drum roll please..justifiable choices for the bottom 99.9%

It's not just about melting ice, threatened animals and plants. It's about the human problems of hunger, disease, drought, flooding, refugees and war, becoming worse.

The report says scientists have already observed many changes from warming, such as an increase in heat waves in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Severe floods, such as the one that displaced 90,000 people in Mozambique in 2008, are now more common in Africa and Australia. Europe and North America are getting more intense downpours that can be damaging. Melting ice in the Arctic is not only affecting the polar bear, but already changing the culture and livelihoods of indigenous people in northern Canada.

Yip and Yup its still frickin cold here in the north and we have more snow then you can shake a stick at...most I have seen in years,but not really unusual. Something is brewing out there,and we have no idea how long we have to get ready,may be weeks,months or years..but its getting closer and closer with each passing day
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:52:52 AM by kelee877 »

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 09:19:07 AM »
I think you're bang on about the government and the 1%.  They only care about saving themselves.  While the Hunger Games is a work of fiction, I was talking to my girls about it a few days ago and about how the Capitol represents the government and the 1%.  I told them that whatever happened in the story to destroy the environment and society, the Capitol is very likely full of the descendants of the government and the 1%.  I told them that when the SHTF, those are the people who, with their gobs of $$ and power, will be prepared to retreat to a sanctuary and protect themselves, at least for a while, while the rest of us suffer through on our own.  In my mind, that's where the Capitol in the Hunger Games came from and that is a likely scenario for the real world, whatever comes to pass.

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »
living I am at school right now..I am having dinner meeting with teen kids and BF..I have a couple of really good things I came across today..please pm me and remind me and I will send them to you...

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »
living I am at school right now..I am having dinner meeting with teen kids and BF..I have a couple of really good things I came across today..please pm me and remind me and I will send them to you...

Will do, kelee.  Thanks!

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »
I don't know what you have been reading, but there has not been any global warming for over 15 years. Gotta stop listening to Suzuki.

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
I don't know what you have been reading, but there has not been any global warming for over 15 years. Gotta stop listening to Suzuki.

Above I have IF in the section I wrote myself

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 04:47:49 PM »
Global warming and cooling has been repeating    itself over and over for thousands of years. WHY IS IT DIFFERENT NOW?
Henry

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »
Global warming and cooling has been repeating    itself over and over for thousands of years. WHY IS IT DIFFERENT NOW?
Henry

Yes, Henry, you're right.  It is a natural cycle.  The difference now is that humans are here burning their fossil fuels and doing a number of other things that create greenhouse gases, which helps trap the heat in the atmosphere.  It's just speeding up the natural cycle and maybe it will make the warm part of the cycle warmer than it has been in the past.  Hard to say.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 06:49:13 PM »
if global warming doesnt work for the likes of al gore.. we just just change the name, to climate change, and the UN and NATO can jump on board with a few more regs to keep us all steppin and fetchin for a few more yrs.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Climate change has been going on since long before mankind began.  Over the generations man has had to live through it many times.  Before now it was referred to as long cold winters or a few years of harsh drought.  Before our age of modern science, it was thought of as something happening in this area, not all over the world or continent.  It wasn't thought of as a global trend, it was something that affected us, not everyone.  Our ancestors adapted and survived, we will too.  The difference is that now, everyone can hear our cries about the sky falling.
Climate change is real.  How much we add to it, I have no idea.  Whether we add to it or not, it's going to happen and it will continue to happen until the earth is a cold, dead, airless ball just floating in space.
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
Henry

Yes, Henry, you're right.  It is a natural cycle.  The difference now is that humans are here burning their fossil fuels and doing a number of other things that create greenhouse gases, which helps trap the heat in the atmosphere.  It's just speeding up the natural cycle and maybe it will make the warm part of the cycle warmer than it has been in the past.  Hard to say.

The same thing happened with the volcanoes of the past. Large amounts of particulate and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere with the same effect. The world recovered from that and moved on. This is absolutely the same... the only difference is that we have this delusion of grandeur that we can and should control everything. In the end the world will recover again. The only thing that remains to be seen if we can adapt and recover with it. Things will NOT be as they were certainly... but they will go on. The earth really doesn't care one way or the other.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
Henry

The same thing happened with the volcanoes of the past. Large amounts of particulate and carbon dioxide into the atmosphere with the same effect. The world recovered from that and moved on. This is absolutely the same... the only difference is that we have this delusion of grandeur that we can and should control everything. In the end the world will recover again. The only thing that remains to be seen if we can adapt and recover with it. Things will NOT be as they were certainly... but they will go on. The earth really doesn't care one way or the other.

I totally agree, JAB.  We are a blip in the life of the earth, albeit a big one.  We have screwed up the balance of nature beyond what most if not any event ever has.  But of course, nature rebounds and brings back the balance and will bring back the balance we have disturbed.  I often wonder how much nature will "intervene" to diminish our numbers and how much of that we will do on our own because eventually, the population of the human race must be brought down to regain the balance of nature.  Only time will tell.