Author Topic: Delays, Delays or Just Bad Timing  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Jwild101

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
Delays, Delays or Just Bad Timing
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:02:40 AM »
Well...What's that old saying about best laid plans. I have had been a crappy fall. Trying to clean out the house is depressing because your throwing out somebody's life. Or in my case 3 lives, my father, mother and grandfather. Trying to keep sibling happy....what a nightmare.

At 93, my mother had her appendix removed. That went well, got her back to the nursing home week later, only to get a call that night basically saying she might not see morning. So that was touch and go for another week. She seems to be fine now.

Then to top off this wonderful fall. My puppy-dog that I brought home when he was about 18 months old and he was with me for over 10 years....died. Outside of the fact I miss him terribly, that throws a monkey wrench into my thought process for prepping.

Have had this old song from the 60's that the chorus keep running through my head. "They're coming to take me away ..ha...ha...he...he... to the funny farm" ... A lot.

Well as of this past weekend finally got my head screwed back on straight and got direction.

So new game plan...house on market by the end of March, sold by late spring/early summer. Couple months in Ottawa to finalized the new location.

So by fall ....I'm Off-Line...Off Grid...will have told society where it can go... a hermit living in my little cabin in the woods.
The Count Down is On

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Re: Delays, Delays or Just Bad Timing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
Sorry to hear of all your tribulations. At times life can seem quite demanding but having a plan is definitely a great thing to have. Once its formulated and you commit to it you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We lost a couple of pets lately and it can be very distressing. However it is dwarfed by the companionship and joy that they have given us over the years. Glad to hear that you are taking prepping to the next level and going off grid in a rural location. Just keep in mind that mankind are social animals and you will still need to have social contact. When you have that worked out to your satisfaction you will be truly living the dream.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »
Do us a favor Jwild.  Don't go so far off grid that you have to quit posting.  We're going to want to share your experiences and lessons.
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »
After all the things I hope your dream will come true. I am not of the grid but I am ready for it any time. Deep in the bush living my dream I call it peace of heaven. Bed and sad thinks always happen , but that 's life.
Good luck Jwild.
Henry

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:18:56 PM »
I wish you well in the future too. Being derailed by events, health and others I understand all too well.
Best of luck and keep us in mind.
Cheers