Author Topic: reblogged MD Creekmore blog ref Adversity & Survival  (Read 853 times)

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
reblogged MD Creekmore blog ref Adversity & Survival
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »

Adversity and Survival
I just read this and in reflection on recent information, experiences and situations in my life right now, I think this is deserving of a read and thought by everyone who wants to live for the future and in the future.

from MD Creekmore Blog The Survivalistsblog.net
http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/adversity-survival/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PlanPrepareSurvive+%28%40TheSurvivalistBlog.net%29

-- reblogged
I recently read an article about a young man who lost a leg to a land mine while hiking in a third-world country.  This stalwart outdoorsman was instantly transformed into a frightened victim with months of  surgery, physical therapy, and prosthetic training in his future.  His  journey was inspiring, as he battled (as you can imagine) deep  depression and post-traumatic stress syndrome in

This got me thinking about adversity in general, and how the  preparedness community could face plenty of it in the uncertain future.  Regardless of your level of preparedness, you will likely face your own metaphorical landmine or two after a major disaster.  How you deal with these issues will determine your ultimate success or failure.  As a  doctor, what could I tell you that would help you overcome the  challenges you would face and remain physically and mentally healthy. (read more here.... )
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:46:22 PM by Wild_E »