Author Topic: Venezuelans are marked like cattle to buy food  (Read 1143 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Venezuelans are marked like cattle to buy food
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:02 AM »
Venezuelans have to wait for hours to access supermarkets due to the severe shortage of commodities.
http://www.libremercado.com/2014-03-11/los-venezolanos-son-marcados-como-ganado-para-poder-comprar-comida-1276512793/

The severe [size=inherit]shortage of food and commodities[/size] suffered Venezuela has led to the emergence of long queues in some supermarkets to buy food. The situation has become so extreme that Venezuelans aremarked with numbers to sort the input to these establishments and prevent people strain.This applies, for example, San Cristobal , Venezuela where llavan several days suffering long waits for access to facilities. Many come to the government of St. Kitts market at two o'clock , six hours before it opens to get a good spot in line and buy the products they need while they last.
At dawn, as hundreds of people gather at the gates of Bicentennial supermarket, all with numbers in green ink on the wrist to avoid discussions of who came first.
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: Venezuelans are marked like cattle to buy food
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »
Seems reasonable to me. Not sure what the point of this is other than to raise the specter of being treated like cattle. Seems it's ok here though if it's for entrance to the latest night club or service at your local DMV. Scare mongering and nothing more.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline above all, adapt

• Global Moderator
  • VIP
  • AAA
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »
JAB...."seems reasonable to me"?????  :(
It's derogatory! Is this what the human race has come to.....practically begging for food because the Haves have drove up inflation? depending on them FOR SURVIVAL? Do you know how easy it would be for them to make food prices reasonable again? click of a few buttons...viola...
The Haves and the Have Nots, folks. This is what this is.
I think standing in line by choice for a beer is a hell of a lot different than getting up at 2am and tugging ones children along a line up, fighting back the tears and utter depression of ones state to look semi strong for your children, in the hope you'll get some soup or something.
Give respect, get respect.

Above all, adapt

Offline grizly1

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • old New Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
There is no reason for any one either here or there or anywhere to have to live this way
And thats my two bits
Griz
U can't teach greatness and definitely can't fix stupid

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
My point was that people line up for many things.... is it better to be 'free' to stand in line then kill one another for a "Black Friday" bargain? I think the idea of having to stand in line for food is a separate issue from the orderly service of customers. I completely agree that it is appalling that food pricing and availability is manipulated for the benefit of the seller. I do believe though that IF that is the reality then it is better to have an orderly method of selling than a free for all where people WILL be injured or worse by allowing the law of the jungle to exist.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB