Author Topic: its been a bit chilly  (Read 1545 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
its been a bit chilly
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »
Niagara falls freezes over - incredible pics!!      <blockquote>               Niagara Falls comes to a halt AGAIN: Millions of gallons of cascading water is frozen in bitter temperatures

For the second time in what has been a frigid winter in the Northeastern United States, Niagara falls has come to an icy halt as the six million cubic feet of water that typically flow over the falls every minute has frozen over.

The flow of water over the falls typically can withstand icy temperatures like those that have frozen much of the country this winter, but Monday's high of 9 degrees Fahrenheit brought Niagara Falls to a standstill - and photographers were there to snap some stunning images of the frozen waterfall.

In January, another record-breaking cold front managed to freeze the mighty falls in a 'polar vortex' that turned the cascading water to ice - and affected about 240 million people in the U.S. and southern Canada.

No thaw is expected anytime soon, as temperatures at the western New York tourist attraction will dip below 0 degrees Fahrenheit Monday night through Tuesday morning.

More pics and video at link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...low-Falls.html</blockquote>
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Re: its been a bit chilly
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »
awesome pictures....

but here in goomerville the first signs of spring have begun..they are finally clipping the snowbanks ...and they should be back to my side of the street today..woohoo

and I heard a dove singing its love song this morning(no robins yet) bt they would drown in the snow we have
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »
Wow!  Those are beautiful pics!  It's definitely been a cold winter, but to be honest, it felt like a real winter this year.  Granted, I love winter and have been tired of these non-winters we've been having in S. ON.  But then again, I'm from NB and lived in Ottawa for years, so when you have perpetual November all winter, it sucks.  Glad it was truly winter this year.  Having said that, I am ready for the warmth and life of spring.  And ready to start gardening!

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:56:35 AM »
Wow!  Those are beautiful pics!  It's definitely been a cold winter, but to be honest, it felt like a real winter this year.  Granted, I love winter and have been tired of these non-winters we've been having in S. ON.  But then again, I'm from NB and lived in Ottawa for years, so when you have perpetual November all winter, it sucks.  Glad it was truly winter this year.  Having said that, I am ready for the warmth and life of spring.  And ready to start gardening!

I started my gardens..indoors mind you but it gives me that sense of spring is on its way
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »
I started my gardens..indoors mind you but it gives me that sense of spring is on its way

Ah yes, I have been playing around with growing some food indoors with some success.  AND, I will be starting to plant my spring seeds after I attend Seedy Saturday this weekend.  Can't wait!