Author Topic: Comments for Lake Lili  (Read 1639 times)

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
Comments for Lake Lili
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »
Comments for Author Lake Lili please put them here thanks.

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
Re: Comments for Lake Lili
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
I really like this story, it is very different and from a woman's perspective that is both refreshing and honest. (Guys.. this is not a Harlequin Romance at all.. so go and take a peek!)

A few years ago, I started writing on Americans and the like attacking and moving into Canada as well, but got stalled out. This is so far different from my story, that in editing my book this weekend I added her story to my bookshelf in the story! (reference and informational bookshelf in story)

Lake Lili did me a great honour and asked me to take a look at her story before Christmas for some editing and military reasons. Well I can tell you this, what she has produced is great and this is her first book to my knowledge!

Thank you for honouring us with posting this here! To all our American members and viewers, well we do think this once in a while, so while Jerry Young is writing on the US being attacked, this is on Canada being attacked.
(ps.. it is also respectful of Americans, so quite a feat for a newly emerging writer, congratulations again!)

On  Behalf of CanAmPreppers Forum please accept our thanks for honouring us with posting your first book here!
Thank you very much wild_E Admin

Offline Lake Lili

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
  • CanAm Author
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »
Thanks Wild_E!  Appreciate the positive encouragement.

No... so sorry... no Harlequin Romance... never written well about heaving bosoms and throbbing body parts... makes me want to giggle.  While I am sure that romance may well be a part of life after the SHTF, I can be cheerful in saying I doubt there are may HR novels making it to the BOL... but in the mean time the authors are making out like (or is that with?) bandits...
... if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what flock are ye?  - Alma 5:39

Remember to keep clear the line between sheep and sheeple!

Offline NObswife

• NObs Wife
  • Campfire Member
  • Contributer
  • NObs Wife
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
Wow! With what I have read so far, I think I may need to do a LOT more prepping & hidey-holing items! Lol. I've enjoyed the Canadian aspect of the story so far and can only say that it tragically seems we are truly headed in this direction. Love what you have begun and am truly looking forward to the remainder of the story. Amazing writing. I already feel bad for the lady & her son and hope it all works out!? Congratulations on a wonderful story. Can't wait to read the rest.  :D

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »
like it alot lili.. ty
will there be poutine?
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline Lake Lili

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
  • CanAm Author
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »

Nobswife - thank you for the compliments.  They are very much appreciated.

Zeker - not sure about the poutine...  These are Central Ontario people whose strongest cultural dietary affiliation is Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream and Dixie Lee chicken - both Bobcaygeon specialties!  Perhaps if Sama and Andrea start making cheese curds, they'll get some.
... if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what flock are ye?  - Alma 5:39

Offline tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 03:09:52 AM »
I think your story and the premise is great.  Thank you for sharing this with us and for gracing us with your talent.  I'm looking forward to the rest.
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline Lake Lili

• Campfire Member
  • Asset
  • CanAm Author
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »
Sorry for the posting delay...  Annoying thing the rest of our lives... My life has just acquired another family moving in with us.  A very nice father with two teenage daughters but it is still a big change for the Great Lake, Monkey and me.  Monkey has now decided that maybe not having siblings is not such a bad thing. :-)

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:23 AM »
Best of luck!