Author Topic: Ukraine Situation  (Read 32044 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: more kiev ukraine
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
all this shows how important it is to be prepared.. any protest can be called Terrorist.. and then the troops can do what ever they want.
 have the mask handy if unrest  happens. vinegar over a rag/mask will help you breathe through tear gas.
 helmet is a good idea too but kinda obvious if nothing going on at the time.

when I see the protesters take down a cop. I cant help but wonder why they havent taken  his vest/gear. not just his shield.
 and I would strip them nekkid like they (cops) already did to the one protester cpl weeks ago.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »
I hate to disagree with you Zek but ideological differences in the US have been growing for some time. US society is so much better armed than Ukraine society that there is no comparison. I would say there is nothing more committed than a patriot with a cause. If the axe falls in North America there will be no putting a lid on it. It will be entirely different.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 02:55:27 PM »
lol.. mebbe you missed my point or I wasnt clear. this is the kind of violence that will hit the US.. IF the people can get together

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
With the route the US is on the outcome is unfortunately inevitable. Without a paradigm shift towards conservatism with the eradication of the sense of entitlement that society is doomed. Sorry if I was unclear what I was intimating is that should things in the US lead to direct confrontation it will make the unrest in the Ukraine look like a walk in park.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »
finally .. a little clearer description of why. why why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA#t=86

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 05:32:33 PM »
Maybe I am wrong but I see the mentality of North Americans completely different from the East Europeans  (Ukraine's).
They have more national pride and willing go all the way against government , opposite of Americans that became more of a followers than leaders. Also I believe that in real in USA the government has more control of people than we think. 
But I am sure it is coming in here pretty soon.
Henry 

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
I,m not sure its so much that Euro folks dont have the same handouts that the US does and therefore they dont have the same BLINDING that US has,. dont bite the hand that feeds ya but in ukraine.. I think the hand that feeds them is thier OWN hand. not some gov BS.
 I know I didnt say this rite but i meant it rite,

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Actually in European union are more handout than in America, that's why I said eastern European (ex communist countries).
That is why I

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
Henry is right the EU takes handouts to a whole new level.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 06:59:22 AM »
http://news.sky.com/story/1214512/police-firing-live-rounds-at-kiev-protesters     

graphic vid of makeshift hospital amid "truce"
folks are definately being shot with real bullets. not rubber or bean bag.

I,m basically watching all this to determine ways and means to protect, overcome, or mitigate forces.

these folks are very ingenious and adaptable. basically sticks and stones and few molotovs against armour.

I have no doubt that the agents provacatuer are in there as well but for the most part, it looks like regular folks.

seen a nother gun in pic today.. either 22 or bb gun. have seen 2 pistols so far.. if (like the gov said) they stole 1500 weapons, why havent they used them..

one  of the speakers today was holding up projectiles taken from bodies. definately bigger guns.

we all could take a lesson from the goings-on there. a little intel can go along way
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:00:38 AM by zeker »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
I stand corrected.
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 07:37:54 AM »
The people are beefing up

SV-98 sniper rifle in Kiev this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg6M9IYIIAAEDzo.jpg:large
[/t]
[/t]

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »
My guess would be that is a pic of Government forces NOT the people. You can see a similar weapon in use in one of the videos.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
gov thugs. real weapons
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
miles from maijan, kiev.. a troop train is halted and stopped
Russia_Zone‏@Russia_Zone·5 mins
#Ukraine Train carrying troops to Kiev stopped by opposition and its carriages decoupled In Dnepropetrovsk, pic.twitter.com/pAAY0a96VO

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
teamwork
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
aside from assembly line type fortification building, this
bruce springnotež@BSpringnote41 secs
Ppl taking sandbags to the barricades. Yanik calls them terrorists #euromaidan pic.twitter.com/7TWDSJTb2A

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »
a tweet from maidan

bruce springnotež@BSpringnote22 mins
Constant reports now of supermarket shelves being stripped bare ATM lines gas lines and the like. Yanik said this wud never happen !

doesnt take much to make everything impolode
now how did that turn blue?  ^-^
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:27:07 PM by zeker »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
rats leaving a sinking ship
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »
There are reports that government leaders, MPs of Yanukovich's Party of Regions and their families are withdrawing their money and leaving Ukraine. What has been confirmed is that there are unusually high numbers of black Mercedes (and expensive cars in general) by Zhulyany airport's VIP terminal. Zhulyany airport is used predominantly by a few budget airlines and private charter jets. Several planes were seen taking off and when asked, an airport worker stated that they were not regularly scheduled flights. [information from Hromadske.tv livestreams]

pillage and run

this type of behavior portends to be a harbinger for the kaos that is to come.

the airport that usually has about 80 flights a day.. has had over 180 today.. all private jets and well to-do patrons.
the people are just now starting to surround the airport to stop any more. too little too late. I have read that certain countries are denying access to these planes.
If I was ukrainian and learned that one of these thieveing politicians had absconded with the country's $$. I would find him no matter where.
politicians made the mess, and run, when they cant skim any more. as it unravels.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:39:32 PM by zeker »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
meanwhile.. harper speaks..
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
Ottawa, Ontario

20 February 2014

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on Canada’s response to the escalation of violence in Ukraine:

“Canada continues to be outraged by the ongoing violence in Ukraine. Our Government has responded by introducing a travel ban on the regime’s senior leaders and announcing medical aid to assist the protestors in their time of need. Today, our Government is taking additional action to increase pressure on the regime to end the violence. 

“For months, our Government has delivered a strong message to the Ukrainian Government that its citizens must be allowed to exercise their democratic right to peaceful protest without being subjected to deadly force and appalling brutality. The outrageous violence being witnessed by the world must cease, and we hold the regime responsible for these actions against its own citizens.

“Today, we are imposing an expanded travel ban which will prevent senior members of the Ukrainian Government and other individuals, who bear political responsibility for the violence, from travelling to Canada. This expands the scope of travel restrictions announced on January 28th.  We will also be imposing economic sanctions on the Yanukovych regime and its supporters.

“It is our hope that these serious steps will convince the Ukrainian Government to seek a peaceful resolution to the crisis. We will continue to monitor developments in Ukraine, and, with our international allies, consider further options. 

“Our Government, working with the Ukrainian-Canadian community and Members of our Caucus, will continue to stand by the Ukrainian people in their fight for a free and democratic Ukraine.”

- See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/02/20/....ayZgtuEA.dpuf

why not have them land here and jail them, and confiscate their $$? maybe I,m just cynical.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
the people won...
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »
lets hope this is not a smoke screen..

I'm receiving a lot of queries as to what just happened in Parliament. Here's the explanation:

Today, after the morning massacres had calmed down a little, opposition  politicians began calling for MP's to gather in Parliament at 3pm.  Deputy Lyashko and others pronounced guarantees to Party of Regions MP's  that no demonstrations would be held near the building during this  special session - apparen...tly some government MP's had expressed  concern for their own safety in the wake of that morning's violence and  deaths.

The session did not start until around 5pm, and MPs gathered very  gradually. Initially, only 227 registered (minimum quorum: 226), but as  the evening wore on, more and more MP's from the Party of Regions and  nominal independents arrived. By 10pm, 238 out of the total complement  of 450 had registered to vote.

The key test came just after 10pm when the speeches ceased and a draft  document was put to a vote. In the end 236 voted in favor of the  "Postanova" that orders the following:
1. All Interior Ministry troops currently in Kyiv are ordered to cease fire and return to barracks.
2. All live ammunition and lethal weapons that have been issued to government forces are to be returned immediately.
3. Blocking roads and rail lines for the purpose of limiting the movement of people is to cease.
4. All anti terrorist operations currently undertaken by the State  Security Service and Interior Ministry are to be stopped immediately.
5. Circumstances that have led to deaths and casualties are to be  investigated and the guilty brought to trial forthwith by the Prosecutor  General.
6. The Cabinet of Ministers is ordered to provide financial compensation  to all victims of the recent violence and their families.
7. Activists arrested for their participation in protests are to be released and all criminal cases against them closed.
8. It is now the exclusive right of parliament to declare a state of emergency.

All of the above was passed as a "Postanova" - a one time legislative  order that has the force of law, but according to Ukraine's  Constitution, and unlike other laws, need not be signed by the  President. Postanova's are signed by the Chairman/Speaker of the  Parliament, or in his absence, by one of his Deputies. Tonight's session  of Parliament was chaired by Svoboda MP Koshulynsky, and he has signed  the document making it legal.

Two points of significance:
1) Parliamentary Speaker Rybak and First Deputy Speaker Kaletnyk  (Communist Party) were not present at tonight's session; neither were  167 deputies from the Party of Regions, nor any of the Communist MP's.  Nevertheless, a temporary majority was assembled with all members of the  3 opposition parties and most independents in attendance together with  20+ Party of Regions MPs who have now effectively defected from the  government camp. According to rumors many Party of Regions MPs left the  country today - including (according to some reports) Speaker Rybak.  Does this signal a permanent end to the pro-Yanukovych majority in  Parliament? If so, it signifies the beginning of the end of his regime.

2) Although a Postanova is a legislative order that has the force of  law, and cannot be vetoed by the President, it is unclear what happens  if Yanukovych issues a Presidential Decree cancelling the Postanova.  Furthermore, it is unclear which should take precedent: the Law on  Counter-Terrorism which has been the formal document used to authorize  the use of lethal force and abrogation of civil rights during the past 2  days, or the one-time Postanova. Finally is highly unclear whether  Interior Ministry forces will obey this Postanova at all.

After passing their document, Ukraine's 3 opposition leaders immediately  left Parliament for the Presidential Administration building where,  reportedly, they were joined by 3 visiting EU foreign ministers.  Apparently they will attempt to collectively convince Yanukovych to  accept the need for constitutional changes - these are to be voted on  tomorrow. Whether enough votes can be gathered, and whether Yanukovych  will budge are all open questions...

Stay tuned!"