Author Topic: New Members Read this please  (Read 1549 times)

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
New Members Read this please
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
New Members Read this please;

There is a Provincial meeting on July 12th,

There will be invites sent out to about 6 different groups as of right now. Please feel free to invite any like minded Group or individuals.

See the info in Provincial meeting 2014 section: http://canampreppers.net/forum/index.php?topic=192.0

Also see the FAQ section on how to navigate Forums, it helps out a lot.
quick tip,
look up to the top left side, under your login name,
show new messages since last visit
show replies to my messages

also on the home page,
bottom left
stats and show current messages, this one shows you all the activity in order of sequence.

Settings
Profile - Account Settings
this is where you can make changes to your profile, as well as how you see and get messages along with being informed of answers to threads you posted in and are interested in!

Forum Profile
please fill in some answers here, if you do not want to say for instance London Ontario or Kansas City Kansas then just put Kansas south or north, or Ontario south or north.
The info is just so we can see where you live and it helps to understand ones posts sometimes.

Look and Layout
is straight forwards and will give you some familiar options. Things like the forum time for instance, modify so it shows the time where you are, or if you are Hawaii then change it so it shows New York time, if you have friends there. (Now if you live in Hawaii, you might get some friend requests and visit requests in the Winter Months here, just saying!)

Notifications
This is one of the main problem areas folks, so please read and adjust these settings for now!

Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
- server issues, please go in and click yes to notify

When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)
- server issues, please go in and  click yes to notify it really helps out so you get a notice when the first person answers. Do not worry it does not keep sending you notifications until you visit again, then it will send one more notice if someone answers. (not like Facebook with 300+ reply notifications!!!)

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:
Here you can get a copy of all notifications or only the first one, so it is up to you!

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:
Again the setting is up to you and how you want info to be sent to you.

Each page you need to Save Settings for them to take effect!
it may ask you for your password the first time, this is for your safety and interest, so please do so.

Personal Messaging

You will be able to send personal messages to other members after you have made five posts.

Display personal messages:
- setting is up to you here, though I suggest; All At Once

Show most recent personal messages at top.
- You should make this yes, by checking or it is hard to follow message that you get, very hard

Notify by email every time you receive a personal message:
- up to you, default is fine here

Show a popup when I receive new messages.
----- Yes, click Yes, this makes the forum so much more personal and informative for you!

The rest is up to you on how you do it!

Cheers and be most welcome here!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:42:49 PM by wild_E »