Author Topic: The Great White North  (Read 11083 times)

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
Re: The Great White North
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
Send them a bill. $$$$$
No approval .. Private land..
Each tree in a nursery costs minimum $3 to $25 each....
Times.  200 = got your attention now.. a@#$@()s.....!

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
yep henry.. I wouldmake them pay or at least replant.. and re-route.
when I bought this place I was told the trail crossed the back of the property.. I told them..it better not or I will block it.. they got all huffy.. turns out it misses my property.

my buddy down the road, they wanted to cross his property so they gave him free pass. the next yr.. no pass. he blocked them.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
when 'the clubs wanted' to connect all ontario. they went to the gov for access. then they got grants for groomers and equip and maintenance.. then the gov told them that they could charge so as to repay all the expenditures.
thats crown land.. its not just for one group to make $$ off. and why does some Joe Blo have permission to give me a ticket for not having a trail pass? and/or stop me to see if I have one.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »
Taken from the Ontario Government website....

"Snowmobile Trails

Ontario's snowmobile trail system is maintained by many snowmobile clubs. Trails are patrolled by the Ontario Provincial Police, municipal police, conservation officers and Snowmobile Trail Officer Patrol (STOP) officers. Some trails may require a trail permit. Check with the local snowmobile club to find out if you need one. For trails operated by the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs, you must have and display a valid trail permit. This includes trails on private property, municipal property and land owned by the government. For information about trails and trail permits, contact the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs. Drivers convicted of driving without a trail permit on an OFSC designated trail, failing to provide evidence of their trail permit, or not properly affixing the permit to their snowmobile face fines of up to $1,000."

It would be interesting to get a legal opinion about ' joe blow' stopping you. The article does state you have to have the permit displayed so that may be their 'out'. In the end I COMPLETELY agree that they should not have sway over Crown Land. I would assume the government has applied the same laws that allow them to grant use of areas of crown land for trappers, tourist outfitters and the like. 
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:08 PM »
"This includes trails on private property, municipal property and land owned by the government."

isnt the land owned by the gov, yours and mine? and municipal property is taxpayer funded and private is private.. if the private landowner wishes to persue trespassing then that is his perogative, but to have some club dictate access to private property... is wrong.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
I think the statement indicating trails on private property means with permission. They DO NOT have authority to infringe on private land. In reality ALL LAND is owned by the government. You just pay rent for it in perpetuity in the form of taxes which in turn gives you a set of 'rights' which can be altered at the government's whim...IE bylaws, appropriation, etc. You NEVER own it free and clear.

JAB

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
"You NEVER own it free and clear." Yes that is what pisses me off too. >:(
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline NaturalPath

• Contributer
    • PresentlyTravelling
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »
This is exactly why I decided to give up my dream of creating my own place on my 12 acres of beautiful wilderness.  You are right, it's never gonna be 'yours' no matter how hard you try to make it yours.  When I first bought my place, I was told that I could do anything I wanted with it.  Well, that may have been true then, but things change, and new bylaws are created, most of them to protect the values of surrounding properties. 
I didn't live on that piece of property because I was still working in TO, so I just got up there on weekends and holidays.  Many times I would come up and find that someone had broken into my shed, or the neighbors had created trails on my property.  I started thinking of all kinds of ways to protect my property while I wasn't there.  Eventually, it dawned on me.  What am I doing, I thought.  I came up here to get away from all this craziness, and it seems to have followed me.  I just didn't want to live like that.
So, here I am now.  I own very little, and I'm more content than I've ever been before.  I paddle past million dollar cottages  aka homes, on remote lakes, and I enjoy the same views they enjoy and it doesn't cost me a dime.  I stay as long as I want, and when I've had enough, I go back to my small apartment to rest.  I can explore some of the most beautiful landscapes in this country whenever I want, since it's all around me.  I learned that I didn't need to 'own' anything to enjoy it.

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
My understanding of private property is that you own the land , you just do not have the rights to the minerals under your property.
Henry

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
I am a city dweller. I own my house, and my land, no mortgage. If I own it, how can the city tell me I need to let fireman in to see if I have smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms, and do a safety inspection? If I don't, they have the right to charge me under bylaws. So, ownership, is just a state of mind.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:54 PM »
Henry. In Canada and I would expect the majority of countries in the World you 'own' your property at the pleasure of the Government. They will allow you exclusive use of it private from other individuals. At any time they decide they need your land they will take it and you have no recourse. If a company decides to mine the minerals under your land they will do so under the rights given them under the mining act. You as the owner of surface rights can expect notice, consultation and some compensation for the disruption in the enjoyment of your property. I don't believe you can actually STOP it from happening.

JAB

Offline Henry

• Pro Preppers
  • VIP
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »
Long time ago you own property you own everything, not any more.
When I was working in Texas I met some guys that own big farms and all the rights to it. They all had small oil rigs/ pumps   on theirs farms and they would pump and sell just  enough oil to make nice living but not pay too much taxes.
I loved the idea.
Henry

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
So, how do I buy the mineral rights under my prperty?

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
So, how do I buy the mineral rights under my prperty?

You'd have to apply to the Government. I'm not sure what the actual process is.

JAB

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
yeah, probably cost more than my house.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 05:47:19 PM »
why spend money to find out you built on a toxic dump

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
It may not be toxic.

Offline TheLanarchist

• Contributer
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »
hello NaturalPath, hows those uranium tailing ponds up there in Elliot Lake. Hope your not glowing.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more,  so that we may fear less.
Mari Curie
now lets kick some GMO, chemtrail butts.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
hello NaturalPath, hows those uranium tailing ponds up there in Elliot Lake. Hope your not glowing.

Arrrrgh we were trying not to mention them. >:D
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline NaturalPath

• Contributer
    • PresentlyTravelling
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »
Hey Lanarchist, I've explored most of the mine sites now, and I'm still as dull as I always was :D  They are very interesting places, and there are interconnecting roads that go for miles and miles.  I always feel like I'm the last person on earth when I go into those sites.  There are quite a few posts on my blog about my explorations in the mine sites.