Author Topic: Forming a group  (Read 8428 times)

Offline BOA

• Contributer
Re: Forming a group
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
I would agree sometimes that it is better the devil you know... but in this case ... if these people are willing to steal some cash from a best friend.. then what would they do in a SHTF scenario? My family means the world to me and I couldn't allow this type of risk to them from these people. I was the one who initially brought them into the prepping world and I know that they will not continue any prepping outside our group. It was our enthusiasm that kept them interested and without it they will undoubtedly revert back to their couch potato way's quickly. 

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 11:08:16 AM »
That is too bad. Actually they have two strikes against then because they were also lacking commitment. I like to think I am a good judge of character after thirty years in teaching you get to see the whole spectrum however I have been disappointed a couple of times in the last few years when people exhibit behavior that I would never have expected from them.  The thing is you never know for sure and after the TSHTF this would probably be twice as bad. One thing is for sure the longer you know someone the better, eventually their true colours come out.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline Doersall

• Contributer
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »
WOW,  I use that word a lot on this forum.  This is such a great thread and very timely.

I am out of time for the moment ................... must run .........