Author Topic: Holy Carp NO TAPER  (Read 3008 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
Holy Carp NO TAPER
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
 :o :o :o we are doomed...umm we need some better smilies in here...some sirens and stuff

No Taper! Dow, S&P 500 Soar to Record Highs: LIVE Analysis Nowhttp://

U.S. stocks are rallying 1% across the board after the Federal Reserve announced it will not reduce its $85 billion monthly asset purchasing program. The unexpected decision propelled the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) and the S&P 500 (^GSPC) to hit fresh record highs, topping the previous records of 15,658 and 1,709, respectively; both set on August 2nd. Gold prices are also riding the wave higher, rising over 3% to $1,350 an ounce.

In a news conference underway now, Fed chairman Ben Bernanke said recent economic data has not provided sufficient reason to begin scaling back stimulus. Further, he insinuated that Washington, DC could be factoring into the central bank's decision-making process, stating "upcoming fiscal debates may involve additional risks."

Our Yahoo Finance team along with more than a dozen top financial commentators are joining in our live blogging event below, giving full market reaction that'll last throughout the highly anticipated press conference with Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. Each commentator has a unique perspective on how the Fed impacts the financial markets and your money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/market-awaiting-fomc-announcement-bernanke-presser-173933565.html
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
Re: Holy Carp NO TAPER
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
No Taper! --- what does this mean???

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
Its mean the US economy is in the tank...no jobs and the price of basic needs will be going sky high..the US dollar will crumble..

today gold went up 55.00 an ounce...

Its bad news for us folks..

I'll go grab some info

??? ??? So I went around the block checked all my hang outs..and I think everyone is in shock about the no taper as much he hyped it up that he was (Ben that is) and then the American economy is not good enough to do so..also there are rumors floating around the Bernanke will be staying on not leaving as planned...arghhh

Now I need to go close my eyes pray and make my list of what I need to get in and fast...if you say hyperinflation 3 times real fast

check out the price of oil and how it jumped today on this news..over 108 a barrel..that will trickle down fast and cause price hikes...we have but one window to get things in and done and that time is now
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:51:18 PM by kelee877 »

Gravlore

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
Basic needs will only go sky high if there is a shortage or all that stimulus actually makes its way to your average Joe six pack. Banks/investment firms are hoarding cash along with companies. The second (IF) the economy actually picks up steam and the flood gates are open from these hoarders then prices will spike along with interest rates. This will keep bonds low until that happens. High inflation = high interest rates. Havent seen it yet. Follow the M1-M2 and the velocity of money.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2V?cid=32242   this FR site proves that the money is NOT making its way into the economy so inflation is VERY LOW right now. Sure certain items cost more today and you get less for your money but no more so than the last 40 years on average. Spikes in food stuff happens but that has a lot to do with weather along with speculation but not necessarily because of bond purchases. Just my take on it. Gold spikes every time easy money is announced. Follow BHP and alike production numbers to really see how the economy is doing and ignore news cycles. China also has massive stockpiles of copper and steel so the economy is not that rosey right now. Another thing to look at is the debt to GDP ratio and not the total debt.

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 05:27:46 AM »
Taperless Fed sends shares surging, yields and dollar tumbling

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/asian-shares-jump-yields-dollar-010908322.html

:-\ :-\ US dollar will be worthless, Canadian dollar will be worth a lot more...

It will cost us more to import goods therefore we will be hit with a spril upward of inflation,which as the US dollar crumbles will get worse and worse and as it does we will see everything from batteries to bread prices rising more then we can afford

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:58 AM »
Sugar, Coffee, Cocoa All Advance as Fed Retains Stimulus

Sugar, cocoa and coffee advanced in New York trading after the Federal Reserve said it will keep bond purchases to stimulate economic growth in the U.S., sending raw materials into a rally.

Policy makers want to see more evidence that improvement in the U.S. economy will be sustained before adjusting the Fed’s $85 billion in monthly debt purchases, the central bank said yesterday. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg had predicted a $5 billion reduction of quantitative easing, as the stimulus is known. The Standard & Poor’s GSCI gauge of 24 raw materials advanced 0.9 percent after rallying 1.5 percent yesterday.

“The Fed’s action took most by surprise,” Jonathan Bouchet, a trader at Boman Capital SA in Geneva, said by e-mail today. “Consumption of raw materials could slowly increase seeing central banks all over the world acting as such. You could definitely see a rebound in the whole commodity space.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-19/sugar-coffee-cocoa-all-advance-as-fed-retains-stimulus.html

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
ok, I must be having a slow, very slow brain week here!!!

what is NO Taper and Taperless Fed

I still dun do not get it!
seriously.. do you mean,,, no ceiling??

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »
I may be completely wrong but here goes. If the US economy was rebounding then the Fed would taper off the amount of money they were creating and injecting into the system to prop it up. Since by it's own admission the US economy is NOT performing at that level they have decided not to taper off the infusion of cash. The markets both stocks and commodities react to this favorably because there is little short term risk of a money shortage which will then reduce demand for product. Demand = profits. NOT JOBS...LOL...profits. The money put into the system has no real value since it is not based on physical assets, either precious metals, manufactured goods or commodities. It only creates the illusion of solvency. Put simply the infusion continues... the economy stays the same or gets worse...but appears to be improving and those at the top continue to make electronic profits. Think 1929. Eventually the bottom will fall out and it will be free fall.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Gravlore

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
What happened to the Canadian economy after the crashes starting in 1929? That is your answer to what would happen here. If nobody is buying our commodities then what happens to our dollar. Chain reaction would set off many countries like it did in 08.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:54:15 PM »
It wouldn't be only the Canadian economy but the world economy. The major difference is that in 1929 the world was to a large extent insular. Most countries could stand on their own to a large degree for major commodities such as food, raw materials etc. Today we are all interdependent and if one major player goes down we all will. The idea of a safe place anywhere is an illusion at best. The best way to demonstrate how things have changed in the past almost 100 years is this. Look around you at the rural areas that are farmed. Years ago there would be a mix of crops. Vegetables, grains, silage, meat animals... would all be grown on each farm. Some to either a larger or smaller extent. The point is that for the most part each farm had diversity and the crops were marketed locally. Today what you see is huge tracts of farmland growing the components of the food we eat. Thousands of hectares of soy, corn... not a carrot or cabbage to be seen. Could you, for the most part, walk out into that field, pick what is growing and eat it? The answer would be no.

JAB

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
Bang right on to both of you..now in 1929 most homes had wood stoves and could walk to your local area of wood to heat..not now..also they did not depend on the just in grocery or gasoline delivery system

I do not for see an instant crash(unless of course the lst straw falls to break the camels back) but do see a slow steady fall..and pray it stays this way..gives us more time to get prepared for what we know will evenatually happen

and this ties in with the saber rattling of WW3

as they did in 1929 in order to get out of the depression they started a a war

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »
The Great Depression began in Oct 1929 with the devaluation of stocks in market around the world. It lasted until the late 1930's to early 1940's depending on country. World War 2 had many causes, some rooted in the armistice of 1919 that ended WW1. To say the depression caused WW2 is a gross oversimplification. I will though grant you that at this time a large part of the US domestic economic engine IS driven by current wars.

JAB

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »
So Taper means ..
tapering of the economy
tapering of the spending, ok that is what I needed to udnerstand and thanks for all the other stuff posted

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
So Taper means ..
tapering of the economy
tapering of the spending, ok that is what I needed to udnerstand and thanks for all the other stuff posted

Yea Ben can't ween the big boys off the breast milk..bunch of cry babies...they might lose a few bucks if he did..mean while all the average folks will suffer for this

In my humbled opinion..if he stops we will head in to a major depression worse then 1929..if he keeps on printing like he is we will head towards hyper-inflation the roller coaster ride that will make you feel like you are going to throw up...by keeping the printing presses going he saves face and says oh I tried all that I could..its the people fault for not spending money( and we ask what money,food prices,basic needs going through the roof)...

I just shake my head and hope there is enough time to get in as much as possible,to learn more skills and be as ready as i can..I have faced major poverty before ..I ca do it again..but this time I will be ready...

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 08:00:49 AM »
No words are better said then these..read more at link but this gives you a clearer idea of what is about to come down the pipe line

Debt worldwide is now expanding exponentially.  With absolutely no possibility of stopping this debt explosion, we will soon enter a period of unlimited money printing leading to a total destruction of paper currencies.  The consequence will be a hyperinflationary depression in most major economies.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/9/13_Historic_JP_Morgan_Whistleblower_Interview_Moves_Markets.html

here is youtube video good listen..Its an older talk program but it gives you an idea of what will happen because this is still going on and getting worse, at about the 4 minutes 41 seconds in they talk about Australia and how this is not effecting them yet..now I begin to believe that when all of this started only major countries were involved and this delay is because they want every country to fall not just a few..heading out to shop now and get in what I can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H8IBDl4vqc
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:09:46 AM by kelee877 »

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
To quote Nick Hodge of Wealth Daily:

The fact of the matter is with $17 trillion in debt, the U.S. government can no longer sustain itself like it has without implementing drastic measures... ones that will make the austerity measures going on in Europe right now look like a springtime walk in the park.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Gravlore

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »