Author Topic: 'How will we afford Christmas?' 10m parents fear  (Read 1701 times)

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
'How will we afford Christmas?' 10m parents fear
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »
How will we afford Christmas?' 10m parents fear they won't afford basic living costs by next year

One in three parents worry they won't be able to pay off debts in the foreseeable future

Millions don't know how they will cover the cost of Christmas and family birthdays

14 per cent admit their finances are so complicated they don't even know where to start

Eight in 10 parents in the UK are worried about whether they will be able to afford their basic family living costs for the next 12 months, a new report has found.

Over 10.5 million families with children aged 18 or under fear they won’t be able to cover essential family outgoings for the next year as household budgets continue to tighten.

The Your Bank report by Barclays and Kingston University found 33 per cent of parents fear they won’t be able to afford essential living costs for the year, while 32 per cent are worried they won’t be able to pay off debts in the foreseeable future.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-2416811/10m-parents-fear-wont-able-afford-basic-living-costs-year.html#ixzz2ea82sXQg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline thecrownsown

• VIP
    • CSICOP
Re: 'How will we afford Christmas?' 10m parents fear
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »
The key words being "fear" and "worried"

Does not necessarily translate into reality. I ponder what these people are doing to ease there "fear" and "worry?"

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual."

Ayn Rand

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
I heard on the news this morning that the income gap in the USA is now wider than it was in the 1920's.
In my humble opinion, this trend will continue unless they can re-unite Wall Street with Main Street.

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
I heard on the news this morning that the income gap in the USA is now wider than it was in the 1920's.
In my humble opinion, this trend will continue unless they can re-unite Wall Street with Main Street.

US Income Gap Soars To Widest Since "Roaring 20s"

The last time the top 10% of the US income distribution had such a large proportion of the entire nation's income was the 1920s - a period that culminated in the Great Depression and a collapse in that exuberance. As AP reports, the very wealthiest Americans earned more than 19% of the country's household income last year — their biggest share since 1928, the year before the stock market crash. And the top 10% captured a record 48.2% of total earnings last year. Analysis by Emanuael Saez shows that, based on IRS data, in 2012, the incomes of the top 1% rose nearly 20% compared with a 1% increase for the remaining 99%. Economists point to several reasons for widening income inequality including globalization and technology. However, as John Taylor explains in his recent WSJ Op-Ed, using this as a lever for Obama's "middle-out" policies - higher tax rates, more intrusive regulations, more targeted fiscal policies - will not revive the economy. More likely they will perpetuate the weak economy we have and cause real incomes—including for those in the middle—to continue to stagnate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-11/us-income-gap-soars-widest-roaring-20s

Offline thecrownsown

• VIP
    • CSICOP
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:34:11 AM »
I wonder who the top earners are in Canada....and what proportion are public sector employees?

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual."

Ayn Rand

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »
I wonder who the top earners are in Canada....and what proportion are public sector employees?

well it sure ain't me..... :o

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
The beauty of the system we have now is that the people on the top don't show wages or incomes.  They just keep accumulating massive amounts of wealth without end.  I once saw an interview with Warren Buffett where he said that he showed less income and paid less taxes than one of his secretaries. 
It's this and other type of inequities that must be stopped.