Author Topic: a must have.. not free  (Read 1253 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
a must have.. not free
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=chr-greentree_ie&ei=utf-8&ilc=12&type=541231&p=indian+herbalogy+of+north+america.

was just shown this book today and it is a definite 'GOTTA HAVE'
 I live very close to native reserve and have tried to avail myself of their traditional plant lore and they .. either WONT share.. or have no clue.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: a must have.. not free
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »
My guess would be they don't have a clue. Long and away is the time when the Indian could live off the land and meet all their needs. Hunting, trapping, survival is for the most part lost skills. They perpetuate the ideal and image of the rough woodsman but the reality is that they are for the most part no better than you and I. They live in houses, drive cars and skidoos and shop at the store. Without civilization the vast majority would die. The idea of Indians as caretakers of the land is a joke. They just didn't have the technology to ruin it. Conservation by accident.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: a must have.. not free
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 06:28:10 AM »
dont even talk about conservation.. my native buddy is still hunting moose.. because "I didnt get one yet"

I will give him credit.. he only takes 1.. a few of his friends take 3-4.. for the elders.

they are un restrained? (cant think of right word) by laws, tho. one of the local natives got stopped in the bush by the MNR..

asked what he was doing? response,  "hunting"

the guy got fined for no orange.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most