Author Topic: Can All Preppers be Trusted?  (Read 3608 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Can All Preppers be Trusted?
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
Can all preppers be trusted? This is a difficult subject to approach but just like in any specific group of people some can and some definitely cannot. The vast majority of preppers, from all walks of life are genuine in their concerns, pragmatic in their approach to the subject and above all honest in their motives when interacting with other like minded people. The majority but not all. This is especially true of those who seek to help, aid or otherwise educate others who show a interest in learning about prepping or how to become self reliant. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of these exceptional people in Ontario and some from wider a field. Nearly all of these preppers and survivalists are embarking on this mission to share what knowledge they have. The vast majority but unfortunately not all.

Regrettably there are one or two that have managed to impress people new to prepping with their "knowledge" of the subject. For the most part this is not real knowledge or skills that they possess rather information regurgitated from the internet. Akin to arm chair preppers on steroids.  These guys do not fool any experienced prepper for long.  They are a sham and a disgrace. These are the guys who give preppers and survivalist a bad name. Their real motives are unclear but their object is most likely to relive  you of some of your hard earned cash.

We have some amazing, experienced and dedicated preppers and survivalists in Ontario with immense knowledge of the subject and skills to match. So for those of you new to prepping please be mindful that not all who claim to be experienced preppers actually are. There are a few simple methods that help determine if they are genuine preppers or if they are basically scam artists.

1. Listen to what they have to say carefully and weigh the information that they spew against what is available on the Internet. Check out their backgrounds to see if they really have any experience in what they profess to be an expert in.

2. If they won't give their real name or hide behind fabricated aliases drop them like hot cakes.

3. If they even hint about violent actions or actions that could result in harming another human being walk away.

4. If they propose a scheme, no matter how innocent on the surface it may seem or how appealing the investment may be to you,  that would result in you parting with some of your hard earned cash raise a red flag.  Unless they are very good friend that you have known intimately for many years run  for the hills.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: Can All Preppers be Trusted?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:25:18 PM »
most hard earned cash goes into preps or keeping this ship afloat. anybody who wants me in on a 'get rich quik' scheme, better be rich. or at least have a good set of twins. :o
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline tazweiss

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Old Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »
Have I ever got a great prepper investment opportunity for all of you.  :D
Amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline grizly1

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • old New Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
Taz
Where im from there is no great deals
Either im no good at it or they just aint great
U can't teach greatness and definitely can't fix stupid

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
If you guys send me your gold, silver and other precious metals, then I will send you a certificate of transfer and an ownership note.  Your precious metals will be safe from looters inside our vaults.  In case of emergency, simply take the ownership note to any one of our convenient local facilities and they will exchange it for you.  For security reasons, the location of the local facilities can not be disclosed until we have received your precious metals for safe keeping.
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-GIV-TOME.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
I am sure that everyone who has posted here would discover if someone posing as a prepper was  in reality a scam artist. However some disreputable people go to great lengths over long periods of time to build up their "front".  This can make it more difficult for people like us. However the greater problem is for those who are new to prepping. By hiding behind false identities and pretending to have many skills that they do not possess they can easily fool new people who do are not knowledgeable on the subject. This can result in all preppers getting a bad name and promotes suspicion in a what is already a cautious community.

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
I will be passing along info on an individual that I had the displeasure of helping out two or so years ago. Scammer

Also...

Important
ICRCC and Myself will be issuing a few statements in regards to some very unpleasant situations from the past year, mostly with regard to ONE individual !
(the following statements are My Opinion and that of ICRCC as well, our thoughts and opinions, based on observation, emails and direct interaction)
This individual, is a conniver, manipulator extraordinary, glory boy that always has to be in the spotlight. The time spent in his training in acting has served him well in this regards.

Now this individual, has repeatedly made snide and Insideuos comments about us, repeatedly sent out emails, phone calls and messages in his group as well as to other groups. His agenda was murky before, now it is quite clear to us. Disparaging others with real experience to further yourself since you only have goggling experience as well as the short experience in the past two years running from one meeting to another claiming your a prepper and bush master, when in reality your just a step above googler, internet bully. In person he is all smiles and promises to your face, dare you turn your back though!

This internet bully, glory boy, showcase boy who hides behind his band of core supports has had his day in the sun.
GONE are the days of taking over events and information to suit yourself to make yourself look good.

Gone are the days when we here, are so relaxed and just let the little raindrops slide off our backs. Now there is enough water to be a mudpuddle, he has been flinging it about for too long now!

... NOTE : we have spent countless hours and days, helping others asking nothing in return, we have given our time, money, effort and well being in to assisting others. To be repeatedly slandered and belittled is beyond exceptable, to be threatened is also beyond acceptance.

INFO to come soon with proof ! ..

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
sry to hear this shyt is happening to you guys. especially with y'all just trying to make others aware.
hope opsec was practiced so that 'events' dont bring him back to your door.
cheers, and ty for all you folks do to help others, like myself, strive for betterment. not greatness.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
I will be passing along info on an individual that I had the displeasure of helping out two or so years ago. Scammer

Also...

Important
ICRCC and Myself will be issuing a few statements in regards to some very unpleasant situations from the past year, mostly with regard to ONE individual !
(the following statements are My Opinion and that of ICRCC as well, our thoughts and opinions, based on observation, emails and direct interaction)
This individual, is a conniver, manipulator extraordinary, glory boy that always has to be in the spotlight. The time spent in his training in acting has served him well in this regards.

Now this individual, has repeatedly made snide and Insideuos comments about us, repeatedly sent out emails, phone calls and messages in his group as well as to other groups. His agenda was murky before, now it is quite clear to us. Disparaging others with real experience to further yourself since you only have goggling experience as well as the short experience in the past two years running from one meeting to another claiming your a prepper and bush master, when in reality your just a step above googler, internet bully. In person he is all smiles and promises to your face, dare you turn your back though!

This internet bully, glory boy, showcase boy who hides behind his band of core supports has had his day in the sun.
GONE are the days of taking over events and information to suit yourself to make yourself look good.

Gone are the days when we here, are so relaxed and just let the little raindrops slide off our backs. Now there is enough water to be a mudpuddle, he has been flinging it about for too long now!

... NOTE : we have spent countless hours and days, helping others asking nothing in return, we have given our time, money, effort and well being in to assisting others. To be repeatedly slandered and belittled is beyond exceptable, to be threatened is also beyond acceptance.

INFO to come soon with proof ! ..

Are you referring to our well known friend?
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »
JAB ... Yes that one, well known in the small circle of meet up groups in the area, otherwise nobody really knows him at all.

Offline grizly1

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • old New Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:01 PM »
Not sur who that person is but makes for a good story for Jerry
U can't teach greatness and definitely can't fix stupid

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction. For the obvious OPSEC reasons most preppers use a handle, hence mine ICRCC. However for those who get to know me I have no problem sharing my real name or even phone number. Now for those who organize events, run prepper related businesses etc. it is common to use real names and of course necessary when working in a business environment.

I know many, many preppers and almost to the last one they are honest, reliable and down to earth people. Most have a handle but most will be the first to tell you that it is not their real name. Most but not all as I know one who insisted his handle is his real name. That is a little strange but the story deepens. This same guy not only invented a handle by which to be know but a fictional surname to go with it. If that is not bizarre enough for you he has gone on to enter into business ventures using his fake names and aliases. To me that would seem to be somewhat illegal but legalities aside for me that would be a prepper not to be trusted.

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »

Censorship, always precedes the decline of an Empire, Civilization or group, perhaps this takes decades perhaps only a few years. Censorship is Racism of the Mind and Thought process, trying to change or herd others into your thought process for the self altruism of the controlling body or ruling body, be it One person or many.
Why is it so hard for Humans to actually learn from History, why are we doomed to repeat the stupidity and egotism of our pasts time after time? I think therefore I am, famous French phrase, can we apply it to ourselves in an everyday context? The internet made all knowledge equal, equal access equal failings as well.

If someone says their name is... Steve or says my name is Joe or my name is Allen, then you naturally assume that their name is that which is stated.

If someone states I am called wild_E, name given to me by someone then it is natural for the person to know that their name is not wild_E. When pressed for an answer as to the name, I state that my name is Ed. Others do the same thing that is normal with online screen names and identities online.

Lying and creating a First and a Last name.... wow can you say ... BIG Red Flag ... false person, false persona. AND WHY ....why, why, why ????

We only delete or censor for racism and offensive content here. There have been only about 5-6 events since this Network went up that we have censored any post or person. There is a meetup group whom if you do not bow down and cowtow to the site runner, then you are removed and posts removed. That is called Censorship, why is it done?

Here in our Network, we have never banned anyone, we don't allow spammers and trolls though, so we only allow real people in here by checking ip addresses and locations for the addresses using some spam reporting tools. Currently there is on member who calls themselves another screen name on a different forum. This Individual turned into a Troll using disparaging remarks and posting offensive material time and again. This Troll was given a long time out. They may come back and possibly become a valued member of our Network again, so time will tell.

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
Another scammer so called prepper going by the handle HopiTrails...

scammed myself, another member of this Network as well as a person who offered him sanctuary in his 150 acres and a husband and girlfriend in the New Liskard area.

After living for months in the 150 acre property he had managed to dig a slopped hole 2'x 3' x 10" and was calling it his future Hobbit Home. He could barely make a fire in the fire pit, had done no work on the property in 3 months at all, besides putting up a plastic tarp over his tent and the cooking section beside the firepit.

I gave him a ride up north and let him use my van and asked him to watch my dog while I worked at the mine for two weeks. Since he had not much money, I gave him $20 he bought $17 worth of candy and 1 can of veggies!
He found somewhere to stay in New Liskard, travelled around used up all his money on candy, bummed food from them and could not be bothered chinking the little cabin with the supplied insulation though complained of the cold all the time. They also found a small wood stove, all he had to do was drive over and pick it up with my van. They had paid for it as well! His answer was he did not want it and would let his friend build him a custom one only.

Well, when your cold..... why not work, why sit in their kitchen and complain when everything is laid out for you?
Later I found out that he had been given supplies, a winterized van as well as other things from a member of this Network.
Guess what he sold them... probably for candy and the weed he smoked daily.

On his profile, he had stated he was a master at martial arts, master primitive bushcrafter etc etc.
He was told to leave the first 150 acre property because he was constantly arguing with the other two people who lived there, plus other reasons.

I had known there were red flags, though still tried to help him out, watch out ya'll to internet googling warriors... :(

Offline wild_E

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • My Journey Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »

HONESTY IN A SURVIVAL SITUATION
Todayís non-fiction writing contest entry, was written by Wind Talker

Donít Join A Survival Group Without Reading This!
November 8, 2013 By M.D. Creekmore

Follow through to see what others are saying and Thinking as well
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:11:49 PM by wild_E »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14:08 AM »
good reading wild-e.. ty

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
a watchman's job is difficult
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
Its like this...

You're trying to tell someone something you have seen.  They just wont believe you. So you try showing them evidence of what you saw.  They still don't believe you and call you a liar. So you just keep trying harder  and harder to get them to believe it... eventually you decide to take them to  where and what you saw to prove it.

You don't believe there's a threat...  so the PTB will take you to the threat, or take the threat to you until you  believe it.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 01:00:09 AM »
There is a developing story here. Both Wild_E and I had an horrendous time this summer dealing with a prepper who originally I thought was reliable. This guy became part of the organizing team and he committed to funding half of the event with me.  Then the problems started. He took the organization for the event that had been done by the organizing committee and tried to use it exclusively for his own purposes. Luckily we were alerted by a member of our forum about his claims on other forums that it was exclusively his event.  At one point he even attempted to prevent Wild_E, myself and others from attending! With three days to go to the event he threw up a second website claiming the event his. Needless to say he contributed $0 to the event which cost in the order of $1000.00.

Ok that says a lot about the guy, but let's move on, forgive and forget. No possible, after the event he removed all traces of Wild_E, myself and other organizers of the event from his website, a Meetup Group  thus making it appear as it was his event. He removed the true organizers of the  vent from his site so that we could not  comment and if you browse the site it appears that it was his event.  Strange as I thought we had left the event on good terms. Also any negative comments that had be made by anyone were removed from his site.

Sometime later Wild_E and I were setting the foundation for next year's Annual Prepper Meet and were talking to some of the participants of Ontario Preparedness 2014. We found out to our horror that this so called prepper had received significant funds from at least one sponsor. The funds had not been either disclosed or used for the event. I sent a polite email to the individual requesting the funds and an explanation of his actions. In return I got a threatening email. Nice guy, actually I think that he is a (insert descriptive adjective here) snake! I call a spade a spade so I have told him my impressions of his character or lack of.

So the story unfolds, we now find a warning on the main page of a very respected prepper/survivalist website alerting people to this person. Apparently he held a meeting and promoted selling land and or leases to a property that he does not own. If all this doesn't raise any red flags read on. Some people questioned him on his Meetup Group website. They were removed almost immediately and any negative comments were also removed. Sound familiar? Check it out at http://bugout-canada.ca/.

This so called prepper had actually convinced me that his real name was Che. In fact this guy has more aliases than you can shake a stick at: Che, Ashley, Che Bodhi, Ashley Cromaty and who knows how many more.

Now it appears that he has issued threats of extreme physical violence against those that don't agree with him.  He just issued a code of ethics on his Meetup group site among which he has attempted to ban recording devices at his meetings. I guess someone caught his threats and recorded them.
The prepping community is just that a community. We strive to bring knowledge and skills to all those that seek a modicum of self reliance. One bad apple can  reflect badly on us all and  while most preppers are reliable some are not but that is respectfully is my interpretation of the facts!

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
sounds like a piece of work.. there was sumtin familiar when you spoke of land leaseing..
I chekt back in my records and determined that it is not the same fella that I met..

be wary folks.