Author Topic: something to consider  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Lochlin

• Contributer
something to consider
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »
If your looking to make some extra cash to help out with your disability income you may want to consider what my buddy is doing. After Jim's accident he couldn't handle hanging around and he really had issues being dependent on a disability cheque. He said to me once " what happens if the cheque stops? what happens to my family?  So he started a little saw sharpening shop in his garage. I believe he told me he now has about $5000.00 tied up in equipment but the business is doing ok. This fall he is going to take a small engines course so that he can repair lawnmowers, chainsaws etc. You cannot keep this guy down.
I hope I'm allowed to post stuff like this.  Prepping and surviving are all about attitude

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: something to consider
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 01:53:36 AM »
This is exactly the type of thing you should be posting. There are many SHTF type events and many are individual and personal. In many ways it is these survival and thrive stories that inspire and teach. To never give up and keep moving ahead.. to adapt and survive is what it is all about. These skills and his attitude will stand your friend in good stead no matter what. I can't think of a better topic on a preparedness forum.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline wild_E

• Off Grid Living Mod 3 yrs now
  • Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
  • Off Grid Mobile Adm/Mod
    • My Journey Blog
Re: something to consider
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:38:36 AM »
Lochlin +1 karma for a great topic starter