Author Topic: Fabulous Resource  (Read 1158 times)

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
Fabulous Resource
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:40:02 AM »
Years ago, when I was still married, my now-ex-husband's aunt gave me what I have discovered is a priceless book.  She knew I was interested in country living and she gets it because they live on a country property.  She gave me a book called Country Women: A Handbook for the New Farmer.  It was published in 1976 and written based on the experiences of the authors for the 10+ years previous.  I have rediscovered this book and have a new appreciation for it now that I am a prepper because it teaches you how to do things old-school.  You can learn how to dig a well by hand, how to create an outhouse, how to plumb your homestead, how to build pasture fencing, how to help birth goats and lambs and raise chicks, everything you need to know for living self-sustainably in the country.  It is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to or does live in the country and is learning how to do things the "old fashioned" way.  It's available on Amazon http://www.amazon.ca/Country-Women-Handbook-New-Farmer/dp/0385030622 and many other sites.