Author Topic: Shootings in Ottawa  (Read 4401 times)

Offline livingpower

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
  • Urban Prepper/Rural Wannabe
Shootings in Ottawa
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »
In case you all haven't heard, there were shootings in Ottawa this morning, in and around the parliament buildings.  Two people injured, shooter killed by police, although they won't say whether the shooter was acting alone or if there were others.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/gunman-killed-in-ottawa-3-shootings-confirmed-1.2065443

In this news article there is video of police moving down one of the hallways in the Parliament building and you can hear many gunshots being fired.  Crazy!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/22/soldier-shot-outside-of-parliament-at-national-war-memorial-active-shooter-believed-to-be-on-the-loose/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:55:53 PM by livingpower »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: Shootings in Ottawa
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
 Parliament Hill shooting: One gunman dead, hunt for suspects continuesYahoo Canada News – 2 hours 25 minutes ago       
  • Print

• A police officer secures the scene of a shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Wednesday Oct.22, 2014. A Canadian soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial in Ottawa has been shot by an unknown gunman and there are reports of gunfire inside the halls of Parliament. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld The Canadian Press/The Canadian Press - A police officer secures the scene of a shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Wednesday Oct.22, 2014. A Canadian soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial … in Ottawa has been shot by an unknown gunman and there are reports of gunfire inside the halls of Parliament. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld 
         Ottawa police say they are investigating three shooting incidents in Ottawa, including on Parliament Hill, at the National War Memorial, and near the Rideau Centre Mall.
The mall is in "full lock down until further notice," and several government buildings around the country have boosted security.
The chaos started when a uniformed soldier standing guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was shot and wounded by an assailant who is believed to have hopped out of a Toyota Corolla. CPR was performed on the soldier and he has been transported to hospital by ambulance.
Gunfire later broke out inside Parliament Hill's Centre Block, where one gunman was confirmed killed, reportedly by House of Commons Sgt.-at-Arms Kevin Vickers. However, police say there are "numerous" shooters involved. A reporter with the Globe and Mail captured the moment in this gripping video:    Police have told reporters that one of the suspects was carrying a "large weapon," possibly a shotgun or rifle, and is still on the loose. Prime Minister Stephen Harper is safe and "off the hill."
CBC reports that all military bases in Canada are currently on heightened security, in the interest of the safety of the men and women working at them.
The situation is still developing. Updates will follow.
  More photos from Parliament Hill:

•              
   Police officers take cover near Parliament Hilll following a shooting incident in Ottawa October 22, 2014. A Canadian soldier was shot at the Canadian War Memorial and a shooter was seen running ...  Police officers take cover near Parliament Hilll following a shooting incident in Ottawa October 22, 2014. A Canadian soldier was shot at the Canadian War Memorial and a shooter was seen running towards the nearby parliament buildings, where more shots were fired, according to media and eyewitness reports. REUTERS/Chris Wattie (CANADA - Tags: POLITICS CRIME LAW TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)    1 / 33  Reuters | Photo By CHRIS WATTIE / REUTERS  Wed, 22 Oct, 2014 11:33 AM EDT   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:18:15 PM by zeker »
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
notice in the 6th pic down (inside parliament) the barricaded door.

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:55:48 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all that are involved in this. Can anyone now deny that we as a culture and a nation are at war?
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
We have joined the coalition to fight ISIS. This may become the norm for awhile. Maybe now, we will ban face coverings.

Offline fleetway

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 02:56:46 PM »
This recent action has caused a big drop in stock market, and oil prices below $79

Gravlore

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »
We have joined the coalition to fight ISIS. This may become the norm for awhile. Maybe now, we will ban face coverings.

When its -40 outside I will still wear my face mask and goggles. I don't understand the push for such a ban unless a person is in favor of government facial recognition.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »
I think he was meaning, wearing face coverings for gov services and citisenship

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
a tweet from around noon..

Keith Chadwick ‏@KeithChadwick 22s23 seconds ago

Large power outage in West Ottawa from Woodroffe/Meadowlands to Robertson/Moodie. Hear a large boom 45 minutes ago. #Ottawa

https://m.hydroottawa.com/public/viewoutages.aspx  power out for 30,000
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:50:37 PM by zeker »

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »

many cultures come here for better life and way-of-life. if this act is done by muslims.. we need to empty ALL mosques immediately..

mosques are the breeding grounds IN SPITE of what the 'moderate'
(irrelavent), muslims say.

the irish came here... and assimilated..

the italians came here.. and assimlated

the scots.. the portuguese,spanish, etc etc

my grandparents came here from britain.. and assimilated.

we have our own culture and nationality.. if someone doesnt like it... they need NOT come here and be the eternal victim because we dont 'understand' them.

the PC world allows these undesireables and even rewards them.

it is written  "when in rome...."

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:10:26 PM by zeker »

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »

When its -40 outside I will still wear my face mask and goggles. I don't understand the push for such a ban unless a person is in favor of government facial recognition.

We aren't talking about balaclavas and the like my friend. We are talking so called 'religious' garb. Accept our laws. Accept our culture... or GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!

JAB

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »
Curious what the 'Shiny Pony' JT has to say now about the need to continue dialogue and understand these people?

JAB

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »
First to the family of our fallen comrade from The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, my deepest and profound sympathies.

To his fellow comrades with the Argyle & Sutherland Highlanders of Canada, know that we stand with you.

As JAB has already noted, for those of you who have not been paying attention, we are at war. But we are fighting a bunch of cowards. Cowards who hide behind their women and children. Cowards who have no pride. Who have no uniform. We are at war. And soon the thin veneer of political correctness will be shed/dropped and average Canadians will be standing together, arm-in-arm demanding that those who do not want to be a peaceful part of OUR society can get the hell out of OUR country.

It was a vigilant day at work. Sales may increase in the coming days.

Regretable that these acts have come to OUR country.

Solemnly,

Mountainman.

Offline fleetway2

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
Just wait for JT to speak. We may need more dialogue, because these terrorists are mis understood.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
I am waiting too. However I don't think he will take a conciliatory view. I fully expect him to stand with our other leaders.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 10:39:49 PM »

Gravlore

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 03:29:19 AM »
What exactly are people supposed to assimilate to anyhow. Canada is a multicultural society.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »
mostly.. assimilate to the laws and majority of customs..
 I have no problems with a group having a gathering club or place to congregate with others from their country etc.. but I DO have a prob with said group to gather to overthrow and minimalise their adopted country.

I understand that we are a melting pot and are basically, all, from somewhere else.

you dont go to a chinese restaurant to eat italian food.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:44:28 AM by zeker »

Offline Zed

• VIP
  • Just a dude, in a kilt
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 09:21:03 AM »
I appreciate these people seem to be isolated nutjobs and not an organized and co-ordinated effort to undermine our country and that the media has focused the attention not as much on them but on Corporal Nathan Cirrillo, Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and the decisive and dutiful response by the Sergeant at Arms, Kevin Vickers. "Putting down", as he put it, this rabid dog before he infected or harmed anyone else.
Not enough credit is being given to the RCMP either, for knowing these people were dangerous. Understandably, the price of a free country is that you can't arrest people for thoughts, and they had their hands tied, but these people were not mysterious sleepers, waiting to be activated. They were bait waiting to be used... and no doubt are, as the laurels are being posted to their social media sites. The authorities now have legal rights to 100% of what these dog's had, at no expense of liberty to the respectful and deserving Canadians. Good will still come of this, despite what the intent was.

I normally can't stand Rex Murphy, but he totally nailed it on the head yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89BAADF1bE

Let's take the time to learn the names of these three Canadians,
Cpl. Cirillo, W.O. Vincent, S/A Vickers,
Who's lives, and lives of their families, are forever altered and make the effort not to learn and glorify those of the dogs, who deserve no more then what they received.

Canadians will send the message: We do not put up with that sort of B.S. here.

Please keep it friendly, G.T.F.O. or we WILL put you down.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:20:19 AM by Zed »
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
― Joseph Heller

Offline Zed

• VIP
  • Just a dude, in a kilt
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »
Further to that:
Who is M/A Vickers?
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
― Joseph Heller