Author Topic: The Great White North  (Read 9913 times)

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: The Great White North
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »
Sadly in many cases local Dr's will minimize your ailments and treat you within their own level of expertise. It is also the individuals responsibility to have a say in their care. Demand explanations in language you can understand. Ask 'why' and 'why not' when treatments are proposed. Look at alternatives and discuss them with your MD. The Internet has opened up a great deal of knowledge to everyone. I am not saying that you can diagnose yourself but look into things and be aware of what is being done and what is going on. It IS your health. Zeker .... curious .. did you ask why they couldn't do the ultrasound of your shoulder in Espanola? Was the ultrasound diagnostic or treatment...ie part of physio?
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline NaturalPath

• Contributer
    • PresentlyTravelling
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 08:05:07 PM »
 ;D   I wondered when Wild_E was gonna show up.  Ya, things did yet a bit elongated in this thread.

JustABear;  I have been to the ER here in Elliot Lake and was seen only by a practitioner.  In fact, when I finally got a family doctor, the first visit was not with him, but with a nurse.  Don't know if she was a practitioner or not, but the doctor himself never saw me.  She decided that I didn't need to see the doctor.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »
JAB. I was told that shoulders are a whole nuther ball of wax and need special skills. for ultrasound  ??? guess it takes more skill..

diagnostic
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline NaturalPath

• Contributer
    • PresentlyTravelling
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
I also was sent to Sudbury for a CAT scan one time.  They don't do those in Elliot Lake.  There was a government program to reimburse the cost of travelling to Sudbury.  I wouldn't have known about it unless one of the nurses at the testing labs had mentioned it to me.  However, I wasn't given the exact details of how that form was to be filled out, and I messed up, and they wouldn't pay me for that trip.

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 08:15:04 PM »
if you have 1 drop of native blood in you.. you get a free van ride and they pick you up at your door and take you to your dr appt.

but I,m not bitter  ^-^
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most