Author Topic: Well worth the read.  (Read 831 times)

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
Well worth the read.
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:41:05 PM »
I would like some of our American friends to comment on this article. The financial info related in the piece is scary enough in itself.

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-and-conflict/2013/11/the-sides-are-forming-for-the-coming-civil-war-2449618.html
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
Re: Well worth the read.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:22:38 AM »
Interesting... but I will ask for proof of a lot of what is put forward as fact. 15,000 Russian troops in the US? Where are they? If they are there someone would know. That's too many to keep isolated for months. That number wouldn't be enough to occupy a single large city never mind the whole Atlantic Seaboard. I agree with the financial numbers as well as the sequence of events that will probably occur but there is too much fantasy to swallow it all.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
JAB you are dead on with the troop thing. I took that with a grain of salt and as you say if they were there even in even larger   numbers than suggested it would not be sufficient manpower to control even one major metropolis effectively.

The same is true for the dreaded FEMA camps.  They do not exist in sufficient size or numbers to accommodate the population of even one major metropolis.  I have no doubt that some FEMA facilities do exist but buy the very nature of FEMA's mandate they should. There should be some location where displaced people could take shelter during or after an emergency. To my mind there should be more of them as that would be prudent emergency management.

It was the tone of the article that intrigued me. Financially the US is in a position from which there is no escape. Printing money can only buy time and eventually the bubble will burst with catastrophic consequences, not only for the US but the entire world. I would like to get the opinions of our US friends and their feelings of the tone of the article, from those who are not wearing rose coloured glasses or have their heads buried deeply in the sand. 

It must be worrying for them as it is for us Canadians. The US is the only county who can solve this dilemma and citizens of that county the population are the only possible solution. Government does not have a plan; if they did they would have executed that plan long ago. The talk about foreign troops and “internment camps” while being somewhat paranoid is a reflection of the deep distrust many citizens have of their government and the deeply divided political and social dive in the US.

If TPTB had any kind of plan it would probably be to lay low, dig in and let the SHTF. In the resulting chaos the populous would turn on itself. Mayhem would rule and there would be a mass die off. Then a few months or so down the road TPTB could re-emerge in force and with resources to retake control and even appear as saviours of the day.

This has been a popular plot for TV shows from Jericho to Revolution but I fear that it may be one possible scenario that is not far from the truth.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline JustABear

• Global Moderator
  • Pro Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
Perhaps an interesting comparison would be to examine the effects of the Black Death during the Middle Ages on society, industry and the redistribution of wealth particularly.
The immediate effect was the great die off that occurred. Hundreds of thousands disappeared leaving a labor shortage. Secondary to that was the amount of property that came up for grabs both real and chattel. This for the most part benefited the wealthy and those in positions of power.
Secondly it helped to reduce the belief people had in their institutions both civil and religious. The 'glue' of society weakened.

What better way to achieve a redistribution of wealth in current society AND reduce useless mouths than to engineer or allow an event with similar consequences if not a similar precipitator.

Just my thoughts.
THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS... ONLY OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOLUTIONS

JAB