Author Topic: Seed Bank in Norway  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Seed Bank in Norway
« on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »
Howdy All,

So, Traveller and I had a chat a short time ago about the seed bank in Norway. Sounds like a great idea, save the seed samples to repopulate the world farm fields in the event of a major worldwide event.

So, I had a look a wikipedia and the information is very generic. Bill Gates and his wife are supporters. Curious.

Then I checkout this site:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/doomsday-seed-vault-in-the-arctic-2/23503

Now we are deep in conspiracy territory, gene mapping, modifying plant strains, and Oh, yah! GMO. Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, Gates Foundation and a little fellow named Maurice Strong pops up in the discussion. For those outside conspiracy circles, may brush off any of this. But a major player in Social Engineering showing up in a discussion about a seed bank makes you wonder what the connection could be??

I do not recall his name but after September 11th, a forensic auditor -  ???, in reviewing 9-11, said to trace the money. During the trace a fellow named Maurice Strong comes to light. He and a group of others have been working very hard to change the world, from a rural, self-sufficient agriculture based economy to an urban (urbane), high density, dependent, industrial based economy.

Read the article, linked above. It is an eye-opener. The seed vault is cool, but some of these other people use/misusing the seed vault are not so people friendly.

Mountainman.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:19:08 AM by Mountainman »

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: Seed Bank in Norway
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
All,

Here is a good quote from the article linked above.

Mountainman.

Why now Svalbard?

We can legitimately ask why Bill Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation along with the major genetic engineering agribusiness giants such as DuPont and Syngenta, along with CGIAR are building the Doomsday Seed Vault in the Arctic.

Who uses such a seed bank in the first place? Plant breeders and researchers are the major users of gene banks. Today’s largest plant breeders are Monsanto, DuPont, Syngenta and Dow Chemical, the global plant-patenting GMO giants. Since early in 2007 Monsanto holds world patent rights together with the United States Government for plant so-called ‘Terminator’ or Genetic Use Restriction Technology (GURT). Terminator is an ominous technology by which a patented commercial seed commits ‘suicide’ after one harvest. Control by private seed companies is total. Such control and power over the food chain has never before in the history of mankind existed.

That last line is very scary, indeed. Who are these people who think they get to control the world??

Mountainman.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:22:26 AM by Mountainman »

Offline kelee877

• Dignitary
  • Bugged out already
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
mountainman

have you ever watch a movie called food inc

put it together with this and you well

yup he who has the seeds and money has the control

http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion.com/

In loving memory of my son Chris April 12 1985-June 19 2007

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
kelee,

Movie title sounds familiar, not sure I have watched it. I will check it out in the future.

MM.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
A good article, so many verifiable facts, so why put it in the "Debateable Topics" section? Well like any good play you need actors, a script and a plot. We know who the actors are. We can see the script as it develops what we are unsure about is the plot. It could be eugenics, it could be population control, it could be massive financial gain, it could be world dominance by a new world order or it could be to protect human life from extinction. It could be many things of these many are undesirable while very few are for the benefit of mankind.

I am glad to see this post as it gives us a chance to debate the issue. Many of us, most of us in fact are lead through soft programming in society to respect authority, trust our leaders and to reject radical theories as conspiracies. That does not say conspiracies do not exist or that the trust we put in authorities and our many levels of government is justified. As preppers we have taken it on ourselves to manage our own well being in times of crisis. If the authorities or government have everything under control or can cover our backs if things get a little out of control that is great. We may never need our preps, the plans we make or the skills we develop. That would be just fine with me and I hope with all fellow preppers everywhere.  The difference is we do develop plans, make preparations and learn skills because above all we take responsibly for ourselves and our loved ones.

It would seem that some “authorities”, or to be more accurate and for sure the shoe fits here, the powers that be have taken it upon themselves to preserve in a hardened, extremely remote facility, a massive world class seed bank.  Great they think along the same lines as we do! Or do they? Are the powers that be in this particular case motivated by a strong urge to protect all of humanity? I would like to think so but from my extensive experience of human behaviour I would think that this is HIGHLY unlikely.

So is the “plot” of this endeavour a conspiracy of some sort?  By definition a conspiracy is “a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful”. Well we know that the intent of this plan is indeed secret. We know who the major players are and we know that there is at least some self motivation for their participation. While the creation of the group and the building of the seed bank is certainly not unlawful we are left to make our own determination whether the intent or consequences could be unlawful or more to the point harmful. I believe that is the repnsibilty of every human being to question what they see around them. To immediately deride someone for supporting or promoting conspiracy theories for questioning events or motives is wrong. Society in general does not like to be questioned although as we all not by any means always right. If the ability to question was more freely available there would be far less rampant corruption in the world.

So let us discuss the facts that have been laid out regarding the Norway Seed Bank. Let’s see if there are more facts that can be discovered and lets develop a working hypothesis.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »
ICRCC,

Good points, for sure. This could have been discussed in the agriculture area if we were to focus on storing seeds for just in case. But this second article points potentially to a very twisted use of a good resource. And this may lead to speculating the plot, as you put it. The plot may be secret, devious and very illegal.

So, what do you want to achieve once you have stored a sample of every possible seed strain?? Air, Water then food. Very hard to control and sell air. Water is becoming a commodity. But, food has been a commodity for centuries. So, if you can control the food production and crop success rates, you control who get food and who doesn't. Those who do not get food will eventually starve and die. If you can program the reproduction cycle of the seeds and make them dead after one generation, in very short order you have total control of a region. Once you kill off all the people you do not want, you then sterilize the ground/soil to kill all seeds. Go to the seed bank, get the heritage seed stock and start over.

If the wrong people have control of these resources and they do not have the best interest of mankind in mind, then this can become used for evil purposes. If good folks are in control, with good intentions, then this becomes a safety net for the whole planet.

Let's hope that the seed bank is for salvation of humanity after a bad event.

Mountainman.

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »
In retrospect it is not hard to see such controls being put into place. There has always,throughout history, been some group of men vying for control of the people. Our food is the best way to impliment such control. This particular group (NWO,TPTB,Bilderberger,Trilateral commision,CFR, take your pick) have manouvered and manipulated our use of money, our resources, what we eat, and the way we think. they have done these things through control of the media, crushing the family unit (abortion, promoting immoral lifestyles...) and changing our views on God ( rewriting the bible to give a new age slant) The teaching of evolution as fact not theory in our government(make that corporate) controlled school system, further pushing us down a carefully planned path to destruction. Then who are we supposed to run to when everything falls to shit? Well our good old corporate controlled government, or maybe the so benevolent loving embrace of the UN. Oh right there are rules and conditions for this "help"....

Finger tips are raw,and my keyboard is almost broken, I"ll take a break.
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
All,

I see this topic may have found a raw nerve.

I heard a great quote the other day.

The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it.
A lie is still a lie, even if everyone believes it.

Social engineering, poison the food supply, kill off the unwanted, enslave the survivors, and the self-made kings get to stay in their ivory towers for another generation. And these so called kings wondered why the French peasants dragged their social elite to the guillotine.

MM.

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
Have you ever had a software conflict in your computer?  Have you ever had a computer virus and had to reboot back to the last known good configuration? 
To me, this is what the seed bank is for.  It is the last known good configuration of genetic material for food production in the world.   So, if the current (or future) genetic and chemical food concoctions totally melt down the environment (pollution), the pollinators (bees), or the consumer (us) then they'll reboot and try again.
They had to make this bank because there is nowhere on the planet that isn't actively being affected by what they are doing.

Gravlore

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 01:22:33 AM »
Great post green.

Offline Greenguy

• Campfire Member
  • Dignitary
  • Mr. Patches
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »
Great post green.

Thanks!  To me, it's no co-incidence that Bill Gates is doing this.  He's a computer guy.  Every computer guy on the planet knows that you should back up your data before you start messing with the software.  Even the seed bank itself looks like a computer tower. 

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
kelee,

I have now watched Food Inc. No big surprises there. Also watch TedTalk from time-to-time. Some good episodes there.

Hopefully, the masses will wake-up and start to take back their world. Grow at least some of their own food, learn where food comes from (no, the grocery store is not the correct answer) and then learn to cook at home most of the time.

On a side note, for those who have ever worked a camp job, may have noticed that there are only about three food suppliers to the camps - GFS (Gordon Food Services), Sysco, and ???. Forgot the other. Now pay attention to who delivers the food to the restaurant industry - for the most part the same three suppliers. Yes, McDonald's has it's own supply system with Brower and Tim Horton's has it's fleet of trucks but most others receive at least some of there supplies from only three suppliers.

Whether we are talking suppliers for seeds to grow our own food or suppliers who supply us with ready to use food; anytime we approach a monopoly situation - the end user is going to lose. Why? Because the monopoly owner has no motivation to meet the needs of the buyer/purchaser. Only when we have healthy competition does the consumer come out ahead, at least for a little while.

Do I think having a seed back is a good idea? Yes, I do. I am, however, a little concerned who may control this operation. So, long as the purpose is to benefit the great good for mankind.......

Mountainman.

Offline icrcc

• Meeting 2014
  • Pro Prepper
  • Husky Dog
    • Preparing For The Future
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
To quote Mountainman  “So, long as the purpose is to benefit the great good for mankind.......”

Ah yes Bill Gates, known for his efforts and selfless contributions to mankind and investment in our future. After all he brought us (one way or another):
MS Dos version 1.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 2.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 3.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 4.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 5.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 6.x (in many varieties)
MS Dos version 7.x (in many varieties)
MS Windows 1.x (in many varieties)
MS Windows 2.x (in many varieties)
MS Windows 3.1 (in many varieties)
MS Windows 95 (in more varieties than you can shake a stick at)
MS Windows NT4.0 (in many varieties)
MS Windows 2000 (in many varieties)
MS Windows ME (in many varieties)
MS Windows XP (in more varieties than you can shake a stick at)
MS Windows Vista (in many more varieties than we needed)
MS Windows 7 (in more varieties than you can shake a stick at)
MS Windows 8 (in many more varieties than we need)

All of this since 1980, what a philanthropist! No wait we had to pay for each one of these, over and over again.

Hmmm sounds like buying GMO seeds doesn’t it.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://www.preparingforthefuture.org/index.php
http://ontariopreparedness.com/

Offline NObshere

• Our Videographers
  • Pro Preppers
  • Pro Prepper
  • Never give in to fear
    • YouTube Channel Prepper Madness
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
Yes limited choices, in 2 widely used categories. Just like our choices for commerce and trade, hyper inflated fiat currency, or...
Never stop...

CanAm Videographer