Author Topic: shtf in alberta  (Read 1104 times)

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline zeker

• Pro Prepper
Re: shtf in alberta
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
lotsa fundraisers happening around here.. giant TIGER asking each customer at checkout if they wanna donate $2 to fort mac.

I,m skeptical of donating to red cross.. too much overhead.

trudeau says gov will match donations.
of all the things I,ve lost.. I miss my mind, the most

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: shtf in alberta
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »
All,

I still have friends who work in the camps North of Ft. Mac waiting to be flown out. Scary for them, if the wind changes direction.

Now, with the fire hitting the city of Ft Mac straight on and having 80,000 people evac'd and only one highway out, this would have been an emergency management nightmare. Workers and citizens in that area have been begging for a second paved all-season highway for years, at the very least, double laning highway #63 is way overdue.

This is just another reminder to everyone, how important it is to have an evacuation plan as part of your family's emergency preparedness plan. Yes, everyone prefers to shelter-in-place. But, if the situation requires leaving home quickly, you need to be ready before the situation presents itself. A bugout bag is just as valuable if you are forced from your home by fire, flood or wind as it is if you are required due to job loss, foreclosure or divorce. Being prepared buys you time and time buys you options.

Keep safe out there. Support those who have been victimized by this massive fire and pray to God, you are never in their shoes.

MM.