Author Topic: 2nd Annual BOV Show & Shine  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
2nd Annual BOV Show & Shine
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »
Howdy All,

I have just learned that there will be a BOV Show & Shine this Summer!!!! Yah!!

Some of the details are being finalized, but I wanted to get the word out to BOV owners in Southern Alberta to have your vehicles, trailers, bikes and wagons ready to show off to your fellows in the  emergency preparedness community!!

You can think of this as the 2nd annual Bring Out Your BOV Show & Shine. The primary supporter will be Briden Solutions. (Note to Admins, this local event has come about due to co-operation between various prepper groups and Briden Solutions).

The location will be just West of Calgary:

Briden Solutions Warehouse
127 Commercial Drive, Bay #102
(Springbank Commercial Park)
Calgaw AB T3Z 2A7

As Briden Solutions will be hosting a lunch (donations will be accepted), please RSVP your attendence to:  Please RSVP by Aug 1 to: prepmeet@bridensolutions.ca   This will allow for proper food ordering before the event.
I will also have a couple copies of my book, The G.O.O.D. Plan - Get Out Of Dodge, as some of the items to be won by BOV owners.

I will update this post when I get the thumbs up to publish the poster.

Hope to see you there!!!

Cheers,
Mountainman.

PS - NoBS, I hope you can make it and bring a BOV or two

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: 2nd Annual BOV Show & Shine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:35 PM »
Howdy Folks,

I have the official BOV Show & Shine Poster, which also has a lot of other info for those who don't have their BOV ready for the show & shine.  ;)

Hope you drop by to visit, show off your BOV or just have lunch (please RSVP as per the poster).

Cheers,

Mountainman.

http://mtnmanblog.blogspot.ca/2015/07/bov-show-shine-2015.html

http://thegoodplanblog.blogspot.ca/2015/07/bov-show-shine-2015.html

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »
All,

The BOV Show & Shine at Briden's was a great success. Not many CanAm folks there, a few IPN members, Calgary Zombie Squad and a bunch of Briden Insiders.

Lots of education presentations. 5 BOV's, including a mountain bike with trailer. Sorry, no pictures this year. Forgot my camera.....oops.

The venue worked well, it was on private property. A bit off the beaten track, so not many looky-loo's. Weather was awesome, sunny and 25C or so. I have the sunburn to prove it...just starting to turn to a nice dark tan. :-)

With the exception of the same aircraft circling over the place, I would like to think we went unnoticed by TPTB...... :P

I will keep everyone posted when and where the next BOV Show & Shine will be.....Briden's worked very well, so I hope it will be there.

Cheers,

MM.

Offline Jwild101

• Campfire Member
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »
Mountain Man

Glad to hear the Show and Shine went well. No pictures...that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the concepts of what various people had for BoV's.

One of these days I'm going to take holidays and make that 3200km trek to the show. (Love the Rockies)
The Count Down is On

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »
JWild,

If you ever get in this neighbourhood, drop me a line and we can have a meetup. Show & Shine is as good of an excuse as any I can think up.  :)

Maybe, there could be a CanAm Campout somewhere near Lake-of-the-Woods or some place just North of there. Nice country in the Summer and 3 days closer than trying to drive to Southern ON, from out West.

Take care,

Mountainman.