Author Topic: Plan C Summer 2014 Meeting  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Plan C Summer 2014 Meeting
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:02:15 PM »
Howdy All,

Here is the latest from Plan C - Emergency Preparedness.

MM.

We have not yet settled on a date for the next workshop but we are hoping to have something with an outdoors option.  We want to focus on logistics demonstrations and existing beyond the first 72 hours.
We are thinking either July or August and have a few locations on the outskirts of Calgary in mind.

We are looking for people who may be interested in bringing out their bug-out vehicles or who may want to set up their "temporary" bug-out camps. 

We are hoping to give people a chance to see some of the ideas and gadgets put to use in a field or parking lot so that we can all learn from each other and see how some of the purchased gadgets actually look when taken out of the box.  :D

We won't be able to let everyone deploy due to space and time but do hope that we have enough people interested in sharing their set-up to make this a worth while effort.  If we don't have enough volunteers, we'll have to look at other options.

Please pm me if you're interested in being a model.  If you are a business who may want to demonstrate some wares, we will look at that as well but in very strict terms, on a case-by-case basis.

With Traveller moving, there are fewer of us working on these educational sessions, so please be patient as I won't respond immediately.

Sincerely,
The Plan C Team

Yes, interested folks can PM me or e-mail me. I will ensure you are put in contact with the correct folks.

MM.

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: Plan C Summer 2014 Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
ALL,

Here is the updated info for this summer's meeting with Plan C - Emergency Preparedness.

05 July 2014 @ 1200 (noon) start.

I.O.O.F. Hall, in Langdon, AB.

If you want to bring your BOV, temp camp or BOB's or bugout gear to show and tell, please send an e-mail to the Plan C mailbox: planc_ab at hotmail.com

Cheers,

Mountainman.

Plan C - Summer Meeting

Postby Dangphool Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38 pm
UPDATE;
Logistics demonstrations and existing beyond the first 72 hours.

July 5th, Langdon Alberta. Oddfellows Hall, 255 Center Street.

We are still looking for people who may be interested in bringing out their bug-out vehicles or who may want to set up their "temporary" bug-out camps.

We are hoping to give people a chance to see some of the ideas and gadgets put to use in a field or parking lot so that we can all learn from each other and see how some of the purchased gadgets actually look when taken out of the box. :D

We won't be able to let everyone deploy due to space and time but do hope that we have enough people interested in sharing their set-up to make this a worth while effort. If we don't have enough volunteers, we'll have to look at other options.

Please email us at planc_ab at hotmail.com if you're interested in being a model. If you are a business who may want to demonstrate some wares, we will look at that as well but in very strict terms, on a case-by-case basis.

Sincerely,
The Plan C Team

Also, RSVP,s through Meetup.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:

http://www.meetup.com/Plan-C/events/179639922/

When: Saturday, July 5, 2014 12:00 PM

Where: IOOF Hall
255 Center Street
Langdon, AB

RSVP limit: 40 "Yes" RSVPs
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:05:58 PM by Mountainman »

Offline Mountainman

• Administrator
  • Pro Prepper
    • Mountainman's Mantra
Re: Plan C Summer 2014 Meeting
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
Howdy All,

The 05 July meeting is still on.

In fact, we are getting requests to do some gear swapping in a corner of the parking lot. We are not opposed. However, this activity must be discreet and must be with quality gear. Use the back of your truck or side of your van, but please no tables overflowing with stuff. This is not a swap meet or flea market. But some discreet gear swapping between consenting adults can be overlooked. ;-)

If you are thinking of attending this BOB & BOV event please rsvp via PM or on the Meetup site. If you want to bring your BOV and let folks have a peek, please let us know you are interested. I will suggest that if you bring a vehicle for show & tell, that you tape a piece of cardboard over the license plate in case folks take pictures of your vehicle with or without your permission.

I hope to see a few of you there.

Mountainman.